[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Z Concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Will the new Z concept go back to its roots as an affordable but impressive sports car, or will it be just sort of underwhelming like the 350z was?
Judging by how dumb and boring Nissan has been for the past decade, I think it's gonna be the latter, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
>>
File: croatian president.jpg (840KB, 1600x1208px) Image search: [Google]
croatian president.jpg
840KB, 1600x1208px
>>17770520

They don't have that option anymore, OP.

With the level of safety shit required in cars today, you cannot make them both LIGHTWEIGHT and AFFORDABLE. You must choose. If you want lightweight, like a Miata, it's an underpowered shitbox that STILL sells for way too much money.

If you want loads of power, it's something like a Mustang which is now heavy and bloated (or if you're a homosexual, a Camaro/Challenger).

If you want lightweight, powerful, and nimble - you're buying something like a high-end sportscar. Even modern 911s are kinda fat, but they handle better than a 350z by any measure.

TL;DR It will be a disappointing exercise in futility, like everything Nissan does.
>>
>>17770563
This.
Pretty much the only way to get a BOTH fun AND cheap you have to go with a motorcycle.
>>
350Z lived up to its heritage perfectly what are you talking about

Z32 was the huge departure

Id say they will do fine
>>
>>17770563
The Miata is faster than the S2000 around a track, weighs as much as the 1990 original despite all the added safety and infotainment, get 40mpg despite being a convertible with no overdrive, and costs well under what the average new car bought in America does

Stop being a bitter poorfag who thinks he deserves a V12 Miata that weighs as much as a Caterham and costs $10k brand new
>>
>>17770520
Only way I can see Nissan salvaging their Fairlady branding is if they make the 400ZX a long wheelbase RWD V8 coupe.
>>
Hope they use the 400hp trim of the VR30DDTT rather that garbage VQ that can't even get 100hp/litre.
>>
File: Pyj0e06hosk.jpg (662KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Pyj0e06hosk.jpg
662KB, 2560x1600px
>>17770520
They could've at least brought the headlights back
>>
>>17770520
I saw these wheels on so many nice JDM cars, does some one knows the name? I just found the replicas from Japan racing.
>>
>>17770805
The ND is comparable to a stock s2000 of either flavor around a track but still has worse power to weight. Depends on the track.
>inb4 old numbers from magazines
With tires from the modern era the s2000 is still quicker.
>>
>>17770520
The next Z will be a crossover, Nissan said this a while ago.
>>
File: 1502343974841.png (85KB, 260x239px) Image search: [Google]
1502343974841.png
85KB, 260x239px
>>17774123
no pls
>>
>>17774123
Something about they selling a shitton of crossovers but not enough 370Z
>>
>>17774129
Gee, Nissan, that might have something to do with selling the same car for 10 years.
>>
>>17774133
They were also muttering something about how the kidz aint interested in sportscars anymore. They want cool crossovers, because they are "practical" or some crazy bullshit like that. This is the Gripz. No comments
>>
It will be a sister car to the Q60 (and 4000lbs of pig fat) or nothing at all
>>
>>17770520

>Will the new Z concept go back to its roots as an affordable but impressive sports car, or will it be just sort of underwhelming like the 350z was?

No, the next Z car is going to be a FWD hybrid crossover that seats 8 and is designed with Prius-beating MPG in mind.
>>
Z doesn't care about poor people like you
>>
>>17774133
what is it with nissan and selling the same car for 10 years without undergoing a significant change.
>>
>>17775181
More believable that it being a light nimble sports car again.
New cars are just a waste of time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.