[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got my frontal brake pads changed. Drove from home to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4343.jpg (36KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4343.jpg
36KB, 470x313px
I just got my frontal brake pads changed. Drove from home to uni(about 15km). About two blocks away from the parking lot it started making a weird sound and the brake went long. I pumped and it got fixed. Started going again and it made the sound + loose brakes again.

What do? I have to go home but I'm too afraid to drive
>>
your hand brake/parking brake/e-brake works, right?
>>
>>17765297
Yeah
>>
Describe the weird sound. Also, what the fuck does "the brake went long" mean? Does that mean the pedal dropped to the floor without doing anything? If so, it sounds like it could be an air bubble in your brake fluid. If so, it's possible when they did your brake pads they fucked up and the brakes need to be bled.
>>
>>17765323
Grinding sound I guess

The brake worked but I had to step on it further than usual
>>
Fucking hell.

Stop driving open your hood and look for the little plastic reservoir that should have "brake fluid" printed/embossed/moulded on it or on the cap. It should be full but I have a feeling it isnt.

If it isn't, buy some from a service station and fill it to the maximum line. Being really fucking careful, take it back to the mechanic and tell them to fucking fix it. Avoid that mechanic in the future.

Have a look for brake fluid around your calipers, brake lines etc.
>>
>>17765331
Grinding sound is BAD. That sounds to me like a brake pad isn't seated properly and is caught askew between the caliper piston and the rotor.

As this anon said >>17765337
Take it back to the mechanic and make them fix it.
>>
>>17765361
Sorry for being dumb. It was more like a whistling sound. It's the same?

Anyway, will do when getting out of class.
>>
>>17765376
Whistling and grinding are not at all the same, but when my pads were fucked up against the rotors, they made a "sh sh sh sh sh" sound. Keep in mind we're diagnosing this through the internet and not there in person, so take everything with a grain of salt, but still take it back and have them fix whatever they fucked up. Your pedal shouldn't be going further than usual. If anything, it should be traveling less than you're used to because there should be more brake pad.
>>
>>17765376
Probably more like whining of your rotor against a still slick brake pad that isn't fully engaging because they weren't bled.
>>
Well OP,

Internet diagnosis or not, it defintately sounds like someone dis a shit job, either air in your brake lines, or bleed screws were left untightened, or pads incorrectly installed.

Check your fluid, be careful, take it back
>>
File: IMG_4344.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4344.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Shit is empty, probably got bitten at some moment during the set up. Waiting for my pops to pick me up and let me tailgate him since is 11 pm and there is no store to buy brake fluid

Thanks guys
>>
>>17766218
Fuck man, i knew it. Drive safe and fucking get stuck into that shitty mechanic.

You dont have 24hr fuel stations in your country?
>>
>>17766239
I'm trying to look for one near, hopefully I can find one
>>
>>17766256
best of luck lad. that's fucked that a mechanic wouldn't fucking refill the brake fluid. Demand a repair and fo' FREEEE
>>
>>17766288
Seriously. Or at least a free bleed to get the brakes running right. There's air in the master cylinder so they will need to be bled.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.