[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /o/ feel about leasing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: 2013ats.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2013ats.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
how does /o/ feel about leasing?
>>
>>17763487
Waste of money unless you're affiliated enough with a business that you can write it off and/or put it under the company account
>>
>>17763487

I can ride the different better cars every 12 months.
>>
I want to lease an s class or rolls Royce one day.
>>
>>17763517
I wouldn't have a scratch on it anyways, so I'm good for leasing.
>>
>>17763508
This. Leasing for personal use is an absolute waste of money.
>>
>>17763508

I'm asking cause i can get that preferred pricing/advantage plan crap from GM, FCA or nissan/infiniti with my company
>>
>>17763522
Is your company paying for it? Are you a 1099?
>>
>>17763529
no and no

just the lower-than-msrp shit on top of the deals they offer, which is decent considering GM's offering 0% + 8000 incentive
>>
>>17763537
>>>17763529 (You)
>no and no
>just the lower-than-msrp shit on top of the deals they offer, which is decent considering GM's offering 0% + 8000 incentive
Is this for purchasing or leasing? If purchasing it sounds good, but since you can't right off leasing and your company won't be paying for it, leasing isn't a good idea
>>
>>17763543

good point.

the way i saw it though, the buyback at the end of the lease is about as much as I would be able to sell it for anyway (after the same amount of time as a lease term), unless I buy an overpriced honda/acura/toyota/lexus and sell it for $50 less in 3 years
>>
>>17763537
Not a good deal. Keep driving your current car. It's a scheme to keep the peons in debt.
>>
>>17763730
This. Leasing is a scam were the manufacturer gets people into a slightly smaller payment for two years, then turn around and sells the same car as a "certified" used car to someone else for considerably more money than they would have gotten just selling it outright new. Lexus is notorious for this and now all the other dealers are trying to catch up to them.
>>
/o/ has backwards opinions about leasing because the greater majority of posters are young, poor, and have little or no responsibilities. They only think about money and that's the bottom line, so they prefer buying cheap cars, hanging onto them for years, and it's not a big deal if it breaks.
If you're a person who values things like reliability and comfort more than money, then leasing might be better for you. Sure, you'll spend more than if you bought a $3k Civic, but you get a brand new car every 3 or so years, and if something breaks, you're always under warranty, so they handle the repairs and the temporary replacement car for you with just a phone call, so no headaches or missed appointments.
Oh but you can't cover it in overpriced generic stickers and put a Magnaflow fartcan on it, so most anons would really have trouble with that.
>>
Leasing is great for people who have money. If you have a great income it can be more cost effective for you to stay in a new car without worrying about repair costs by leasing.

Leasing gets a bad rap from poor people because it's terrible for them. Yet they're the ones that go "oooh" at cheap leasing costs and fuck themselves because they want to drive the new car. /o/ is filled with these kinds of people
>>
>>17764101
>>17764088
actually wealthy people do not lease. they buy new and keep it 10 years or more.
>>
>>17764088
I agree. Leasing isn't always a bad thing but /o/ proves it's age time and time again.
>>
>>17764446
Genuinely wealthy people don't lease, that's true, they buy several cars in cash and then pay someone else to resell them after they get bored of them. Or they hire personal drivers who own their own cars.
People who commute to their 9-5s can comfortably lease. It depends on the individual and their priorities.
>>
>>17764458
If you are rich enough to not care about money sure, leasing is
>>
>>17764475
Gr8
>>
>>17763487
Leasing has it's ups and downs. My biggest problem with these threads is most of the information is personal opinion and not fact.
>>
>>17763517
I don't think you can lease a Rolls Royce. Can you actually?
>>
>itt: stupid poor people
>>
>>17764446
Yes most of them do lease. They would never keep a S class for 10 years because it would be a money pit after 4. If they do keep a car it's usually a older Toyota or Lexus.

Usually the richer people are the cheaper they get.

>>17764803
Of course you can. S classes, 7 Series, etc are usually leased too.
>>
>>17764832
Genuinely wealthy people don't buy s classes. nouveau riche people do.
>>
At the end of the day, you're just driving around a nice rental car. You don't own it, you can't do what you want with it, and when your lease is up you have nothing to show for it.

Also, insuring a leased car generally costs more than one you own or are financing, so that offsets the only benefit of lower monthly payments a bit.
>>
>>17765031
Yeah because a used car doesn't need any maintenance or parts replaced. inb4 muh $500 car I put a million miles on. A car is technically a waste of money no matter what. If anything major goes in that used car you are going to loose money. Some people rely on their car and can't wait for it to sit in a shop. That peace of mind is worth the $80 a week for most people.
>>
I almost leased a 7 year old Accord with 180k miles because I was in need of a modern daily driver.

Luckily /hg/ and every other sane person I interacted with steered me away from that shitheap.
>>
>>17763487
I leased a 14 ATS until I flipped it. Excellent drivers car, not a great luxury car. I would recommend a base 2.0t if your considering one.

Leasing is the only way to "own" any of the non-nippon luxury cars. My ats had about 6k worth of warranty work done in the first year. Also, it depreciated like a rock.
>>
>>17765147
>That peace of mind is worth the $80 a week for most people.
That's over four grand a year blown on a lease, not even factoring in the higher insurance rates. Most people would consider that a waste. Who's spending that much yearly to maintain a used car comparable to what you'd be leasing? It's an unrealistic comparison.
>>
>>17765232

>non-nippon luxury cars

that's exactly why I'm only considering a lease on a cadillac, I fear the longevity of a GM product

My calculations are rough and probably shitty and wrong, but here goes:

Leasing a Cadillac awd 2.0t for 48 months would cost me $171 bi-weekly. That comes out to $18,512 to (((rent))) for four years.

If i were to finance the same car, 48 months, would be $352 bi-weekly, totaling $36,608.

The resale after four years on an ATS will probably be dogshit, considering the current 2013's are in the $17,000 range.

So if I were to purchase it outright and sell it in 4 years, it would cost me $19,608 (disregarding maintenance and repair costs for this example, in hopes that whatever breaks is under warranty).

$19,608 to buy and sell in 4 years
$18,512 to lease for 4 years

Also, the buyback at the end of the lease is $19,333, so it's literally give or take hundreds
>>
>>17765665
or you could spend that money on something good that won't lose value.
>>
>>17765673

camry?
>>
resident rich kid here, rich people do not lease nor do we finance cars.
>>
>>17765705
no. something actually interesting.

e46 330ci zhp
e39 540i manual or m5
c5 z06
early 2000s xjr
z4 m coupe
clean second gen camaros/firebirds
>>
>>17765739

I work for a luxury stealership, and I can say that rich people definitely lease. Our Benz and Land Rover SUVs are the moneymakers.
>>
>>17765773
people that want to look rich lease. ftfy
>>
>>17765773
I have a strong inkling those aren't rich people, but people with some money living above their means. There are nice looking families in big houses that are swimming in debt
>>
>>17765779
>>17765780

Absolutely true, most of the clientele are neck-deep in debt and they still spend beyond their means. I guess it's a big city thing, they have to upkeep their image and social status and whatnot. Doesn't matter to me, the more debt they accumulate the more I get paid.
>>
>>17765790
yes, but being neck-deep in debt is quite literally the opposite of being rich. Rich people don't lease luxury cars
>>
>>17765665
except you can have it far longer than four years. you can have it forever because it's yours, vs walking away with your dick in your hand from a (((lease)))
>>
>/o/ pretends to know what they're talking about
Lol you guys don't even have credit or can't even understand how credit works. You guys literally think that financing or leasing is stupid and you should always pay cash for a car. Those of us that are not mentally retarded when it comes our finances will enjoy the finer things in life. Enjoy your 3k civic shitboxes.
>>
>>17765799
Well, there's people that are neck-deep in debt but live in a shack and drive old beaters, then there's people that are neck-deep in debt but live in a mansion by the waterfront with a new G-wagon in the driveway. It all comes down to their income and what they do in life.
>>
>>17765665
They rape you for couple grand in inflated damage claims upon surrendering the vehicle.
>>
>>17765815
if you can't afford to buy a car straight up and not put any strain on your finances, you can't afford that car. Idc if you can afford the (((monthly payments))), you have no business driving a 35k new car if your used car limit would be 8k
>>
>>17765831

You do realize that's mentally retarded?
>>
>>17765852
sound reasoning
>>
>>17765831
and this is how you kill the economy
>>
>>17765860

by that logic, everyone that wants to buy a nice car has to have $100k in the bank or else they have no business driving anything but a 3k civic
>>
File: i wonder.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
i wonder.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>17765861
>oy vey, be a good boy and take on more debt! the economy needs you to
>>
>>17765869
>is da joos
You type like a mouth breathing fatass
>>
>>17765821
Anyone who parks on the street is poor, regardless of debt.
>>
>>17765831
I understand your point, but the way I see it is instead of putting $20k down on a 5 year old car and paying for everything that breaks, you can spread $20k over a few years and have warranty cover most of the shit for you.

The fact that I'll have to give the car back at the end of the lease is irrelevant to me, because I'd be selling the car and buying(leasing) something else later. So by leasing, I avoid the headache of selling a future shitbox while still paying less than I would have if I had bought it outright
>>
>>17765866
>thinking 100k is a lot of money
>being THAT poor
yes, if you do not have 100k you have no business having a nice new car. You will work until the day you die.
>>
>>17765900
what about having it in assets? liquidity isn't safety bruh
>>
File: shitposter.png (81KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.png
81KB, 500x322px
>>
>>17765852
nah, he's right. the only reason you should finance a nice car is because the opportunity cost of giving up that much capital is greater than the interest.
>>
>>17765915
of course. Keep your money saved up, have it invested, have your 401k maxed out, have index funds, when you start building a big nest egg and you can sell 50k in assets and not have any strain on your finances then congrats, you have business driving a nice car. If 50k sounds like a fortune to you, you have no business driving a 50k car or you will never retire
>>
is all of /o/ absolutely poor?
>>
>>17765940
This. I always followed the golden rule; if you can't afford 3 of it, you can't afford it.
>>
>>17765927
Probably the only reasonable explanation of why to assume debt to fund capital intense endeavors.
>>
>>17765947
that's a good way of what I'm getting at. If you're making 60k a year, you have no business driving a car that costs 40k . The fact that these people think they're being financially savy in doing so is sad
>>
>>17763487
if you're not a car guy. you're not going to be in your garage trying to get the most horses out of your ride, and want to drive a new car every 2-3 years go for it.

it's not anything i'm going to do, but i understand why people do it. it's easier than owning.
>>
I work for BMW.

Anybody making under 100k a year is usually buying unless they're a realtor or in insurance or something.

Anybody between 100k to about 400k per year does a lease, especially if they're a realtor or in insurance or something.

Anybody making more than that pays cash and doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>17766099

Because by the time you become a millionaire you start to understand that compound interest is the evilest invention created by mankind.
>>
>>17765705
ATS-V you dolt
>>
>/o/ financial experts
lel
>>
>>17765147
And these are only 6 years apart.
>>
>>17766844
Whoops meant 4.
>>
>>17764803
new rolls royces are built to spec and cannot be financed or leased.

you can lease a secondhand one though
>>
>>17765947
fucking kek, you either live in a shipping container or you're talking out of your shitter.
>>
>>17766414
Please go over that statement one more time and realize how stupid you sound, compound interest works both ways: for you and against you
That same "evil" compound interest is how the rich make their money on their investments
>>
>>17767322
>implying your average /o/ shitposter could afford 3 shipping containers
>>
>>17765815
>paying interest on a car just to improve your Jew score
>>
>>17767301

Yep, normally our dealer will buy one or two new and then lease it out
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.