[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebay wheel nuts. Is it worth the risk? They look fairly legit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Ebay wheel nuts.

Is it worth the risk? They look fairly legit. I don't want to spend 4x the price to get a set from some car company.

Additionally these were the fastest to ship, and I need them immediately.
>>
>>17760471
it's literally a piece of metal with threads inside, unless you're severely beating on it or they're damaged or made of straight up plastic you'll be fine
t. guy who's driven cars with 3 /5 nuts per wheel
>>
>>17760481
Because there is a significant difference in kinds and heat treats of metal. I would never buy wheel nuts off e-bay, especially that cheap. They're likely chinese crap that won't even torque down before the threads rip out.
>>
>>17760481
>>17760471
Dumb follow up question (not a machinist or anything like that)

Is there a certain metal to stay away from with wheel nuts? I'm assuming that as long as it is metal it should be fine?
>>
>>17760491
No, you want quality stuff. Don't cheap out on things that keep you on the road
>>
>>17760471
Why would you need lug nuts immediately?
>>
>>17760515
He is tired of risking his wheel falling off. Probably had a close call on a sharp turn.
>>
>>17760530
If that's the case what happened to the old ones?
>>
File: UrALugNut.png (486KB, 494x390px) Image search: [Google]
UrALugNut.png
486KB, 494x390px
>>17760491
Don't get aluminum, it fatigues and cracks like hell (do they even make aluminum wheel nuts?)

Standard thread nuts *should be* marked with similar markings as standard bolts. I would assume quality metric ones are as well. This is, how I would read, a Grade 5 nut; note the three lines in it.
>>
>>17760539
Maybe put on loose and slowly fell off, IDK
>>
>>17760540
Also, aluminum ones heat up and expand and contract, and slowly back themselves out. Ask me how I know.
>>
>>17760566
How do you know
>>
>>17760471
>is my life worth me saving $70?
>>
>need them immediately

Look up the nearest Autozone and bring one of your lugs with you.
>>
>not perfecting your driving skills using 0 lug nuts
You'd only see my tail lights on the togue.
>>
>>17760566
How do you know?
>>
>>17760817
>>17760610

Had a Jeep Cj7 with super thick aluminum rims and lugs. Had to tighten them about every 500 miles, because they would get loose, especially in spring and fall with daily temperature swings. Neglected that one time and at about 3000 miles, I had a tire come off on a 4 lane downtown street with center lane. It rolled about a quarter mile and side swiped a Suburban. I couldn't see over the hood, and navigated over curb by feel at about 35. The lady didn't care it hit her chevy, thank God. Carried the tire back, got a bottle back under it somehow, took a lug off the other three tires and put it back on, and drove straight to the auto parts store before any cops showed up.

Got steel lugs but they still backed out. Swapped out to steel rims and never had the problem again.
>>
>>17760471
Isn't Ausbucks worth like eleventeen cents Can to a hundred Ausbucks? I had heard that Aussies got like $25/hr flipping burgers at ShittyPetes Grits and Meat...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.