[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazda 3 hatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3827.jpg (54KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3827.jpg
54KB, 640x427px
Give me 1 (or two) reasons why I shouldn't buy at 2018 Mazda 3 touring hatch with the 2.5l i4 and 6spd. Alternatively, give me some words of encouragement if I should.
>>
>>17760038
How much are those? I'd say to save up for a wrx or one of the new impreza hatches for cheap
>>
do it
>>
>>17760047
the thing about awd is if one tire gets a nail and cant patch then you have to get 4 new tires instead of just 1 otherwise youll damage the awd driveline
>>
>>17760054
Do you drive near construction zones?
>>
Because you can save $5k by buying a 2016 or 2017
>>
>>17760059
i live near rednecks
>>
It is not a speed 3.

Also, it is still a nice car
>>
>>17760047
$23k
>>
>>17760038
What's wrong with your current car? If you don't have a car just get a civic for 3k.
>>
>>17760136
It's an 18 year old Accord with check engine and maintenance required lights on, but it's got two new tires and could last a while longer. Just weighing my options
>>
>>17760483
Fix the Accord. The maintenance required light just means it been 10k miles since it was reset.
>>
>>17760483
The maintenance required light is to remind you to change your oil. You reset it each time you change your oil. It's not a check engine light.
>>
>>17760483
Also that year of Accord is prone to EGR carbon buildup. Chances are that check engine light means next to nothing (you wouldn't pass environmental inspections).
>>
>>17760561
>>17760521
Thanks lads. I just did that (along with the tires) so I should be good. Although the motor mounts need replacing as when I put it in reverse it jolts.
>>
>>17760575
Mine did that, the transmission mount was completely shredded up
>>
>>17760594
Should be good for awhile eh? It's been doing it for at least a year 15k miles
>>
>>17760603
excess vibration is a bad thing. i'd do it as soon as possible. some of the mounts are easier to diy than others.
>>
>>17760603
It wasn't that expensive for the mount, something like $50. I think it's the easiest mount to replace too since i don't think you need to lift the engine to get at it? Not sure though i didn't do the work. Was like $200 to get every mount replaced including labor and tax
>>
It's highly recommend by consumer reports at least, but so is the Impreza. Not so much for WRX lol. I think Mazda is really upping their game, I say go for it. But if you have patrician taste... Buy a Golf/GTI gets the second highest "road test" score in compact category

>t. just read consumer reports magazine for the first time while I was shitting
>>
>>17760054
For real?
>>
>>17760640
memes.
>>
>>17760038
I have a 2016, so same car but pre-facelift.

I'll start with the bad: the road noise is pretty bad and swapping tires doesn't help as much as some people claim. Maybe a little. Odd complaint, but the pedals are kinda loud, too. There's no dead pedal for your left foot, just a carpeted area. The back seat is pretty tight for rear-facing child seats, and the hatch area isn't huge either. Throttle response is glacial and messes with my heel-and-toe action. The shifting feel is just okay. It's also becoming obvious that the infotainment system isn't going to get the apps or constant improvements that they said it would. It's a little slow on startup.

But...
Staying on the infotainment topic, I think it's one of the better ones for use while driving. You don't have to take your eyes off the road as much. I like the layout a lot. The interior's very nice, sound quality's pretty good. The car feels nimble and I like its steering and handling more than I like the GTI's. The controls are too damped and the suspension too soft to call it truly sporty, but it's close.

For the same money you can get a car that's sportier but not as nice inside. Try one in case you prefer that. Try the Civic hatch, too. It wasn't out when I bought my 3. The extra room might've been nice, though the infotainment sounds like a dealbreaker in that car.
>>
>>17760641
google frand
>>
>>17760644
you can hack the infotainment in mazdas and add android auto
>>
>>17760038
Gen 3's are really nice but I still prefer my gen 2 speed. It's so fun to drive, the 3rd gen's feel more computer controlled than the previous gens. But any gen mazda 3 is a great automobile to own.
>>
>>17760038

it's a great hatch by all means, but i'd feel guilty buying that before mazda comes out with their new skyactiv x shit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.