[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flipping cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: flippin.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
flippin.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Has anyone here on /o/ flipped cars for some extra cash?

What are you looking for when buying a car to be flipped? underpriced or broken with easy repairs?

Do you have any stories about the cars, what you fixed on them and how much profit you made on them?
>>
>>17759981
Parting is easier money.
>>
File: dhs.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dhs.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17759981
I worked at a new car dealershit and would buy trade-ins at its wholesale auction and fix them as a hobby. Customers would get a massive quote from service before trading in and I could look up what the car needed to pass state & emissions, and detail the car there. Some super nice cars went to the wholesale auction, like mint one-owner 98 devilles with service histories of owners paying $3,800 to reseal the northstar.

One I bought was a $400 2002 Cadillac DHS that needed a windshield, $30 in junkyard emissions parts and a dab of solder on its brake/traction module circuit board, $70 tire to have a matching set. Sold for $1700.

Currently driving a $500 2002 Taurus which needed a junkyard compressor & new a/c clutch and sway bar links. I'll probably sell it for ~$1400.

I don't think there's any money in flipping cars unless you're an uzbekistani with a chop shop.
>>
>>17760138
I like that interior.
>>
>>17759981
If you have to ask you're not capable. Flipping cars is a shit way to make money. One bad deal and you've killed all your profit from every job.
>>
>>17760017
>>17760157
This and this.

The most I've made was 900 dollars. I flipped a few cars. A jeep and two Broncos. You can make killer cash on them, but they have to be the right kind of fix and flip and the odds are still not in your favor. Good condition ones that have a no start or electrical issue, you pay 500 dollars for it and spend some time tracing the electrical problem. I'm an ase master tech with lots of electrical training and experience so that stuff is no problem for me. I just don't really do it, because there goes all the profit if you pay a tow truck and I don't have a towing rig of my own. You can also lose your ass pretty bad on those because once you fix the electrical problem then you find all the other horrible shit wrong with it.

All in all, you really gotta know your shit if you're trying to fix and flip. You can make money, but it probably won't be a lot and you gotta find the right buyer. The odds are also never in your favor.
>>
>>17760146
Probably should have held onto that one because it was ultimate comfy and not just plain depressing like my 02 taurus. A big red Caddy commands respect on the road because everyone thinks it'll smash into them.

I had a $500 craigslist 95 Mercedes e420 that blew a head gasket or something and I made my money back on selling parts at least.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.