[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Insurance - 3rd party claim help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170815_173729.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170815_173729.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Purchased my first car with my own cash just over two weeks ago. Last Monday, while travelling around a traffic circle, an idiot in a Hilux decides that he wants to now turn left from the inner lane, regardless of what cars are around him. He smacked into the back of my car, which only has 1200km/750miles on the clock. I didn't know what to feel.

I refuse to claim from my insurance because (a) HE is the guilty party in this case and (b) my excess plus additional fees for claiming in the first two months are just outrageous. He claims the car is a business vehicle and is insured.

> Call his office the following day.
> "That specific vehicle is not insured".
> I don't give a single fuck. That's their problem.
> Send them 3 panelbeating quotes (averaging $4000), the police report (which very clearly indicates that he was in the wrong), and a letter from my insurance stating that the company's insurance is responsible for damages.

So I call to find confirm that they received the mail and he informs me that he is now seeking legal advise (or in other words is in no way prepared to own up to his fuck up and pay out).

>Advice needed/TLDR: How do I come out on top and make sure this guy/his company pays out and fixes my brand new car?

Thanks in advance!
>>
Stamina op, and don't be afraid to get a little angry, the company will either pay up or drag its feet, and assuming insurance does its job this shouldnt be to much your problem but if they're being difficult prepare to drag your feet.
>>
>>17758461
A damn good lawyer if need be.
>>
>>17758461
Get a lawyer. Get said lawyer to write him/his company a letter stating the expenses. If he doesn't want to pay sue for the expenses, legal fees and compensation (if you're in the mood.)
Your case is won from the start, now what you want is him/them to pay and to pay fast.
>>
Your only choices is to retain a lawyer to send them a letter telling them to cut you a check for the damage repair plus legal fees.

OR. Put your insurance company to the test and tell them to get involved and do something about it or you'll find another insurance company. If you're young they might go to bat without bending you over because of the potential money they can make from you long term.
>>
>>17758461
The limit for small claims is usually under $5000 so you can sort it out in small claims court. You don't need a lawyer. Just go to your county court and file a claim against the driver. If he had insurance they normally would have a lawyer contact you and very likely settle, but in this case you may have to go to court and prove your case to the judge.
>>
>>17758461
wtf how was he legally not insured? is this some eurocuck bs?

your insurance should have lawyers to fight him
>>
Its ok op, justice and perseverance does pay off in the end.

I had just bought a used Firebird and someone hit and runned me in a parkinglot. Long story short, witness saw it happen and nabbed the license plate.

After hounding the PD to search for the vehicle they finally found some shitlord 18 year old hotshot who just got his license driving mommys suburban.

They too were uninsured, but my insurance company kept hounding them and they eventually paid me back in full for the repairs.

If you want the car fixed right now, your insurance should cover it, without rates going up, and only have you pay your deductible. At least thats how it worked with my insurance.
>>
Not sure if OP knows how auto insurance works.
>>
>>17761445
I was thinking the same thing. Don't you always have to contact your own insurance company even if it wasn't your fault?
>>
I don't know this works in the UK, but in the US it's your insurance company's job to extract money from the other guy's insurance. It doesn't hurt your rate because they go after the other party on your behalf. First rule of getting into an accident is you NEVER talk to the other guy if you're getting insurance involved.

If the other's guy's not insured, then you get a lawyer.
>>
File: IMG_1752.gif (1MB, 179x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.gif
1MB, 179x179px
>>17758461
keep chasing him for money op, get your lawyer on it as well sooner or later he's going get tired of it all and then ending up paying you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.