[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't make a decison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170822_000447.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_000447.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Stuck between buying two cars. First is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and the second is a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T. (The Cadillac pictured is the actual car in question, G8 is just a random photo)

The ATS is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles and is AWD (I live in the Midwest). It gets up and goes pretty quick and the ride is amazing. Interior is leaps and bounds ahead of the G8. It's not too expensive on gas either. There is one local in town that I wouldn't have to go far to purchase as well. Issues are the CUE system is prone to failure, it's more expensive on insurance, and it's a Cadillac. Expensive to fix.

The G8 is a car I wanted like crazy back when they came out. It's a solid V8 RWD car with a great aftermarket community should I go that way. It's overall just a fun car to drive and it's somewhat of a sleeper. Those who know it seem to respect it. It's cheaper on insurance and might be cheaper to maintain than the Cadillac. Issues are the front end suspension is weak, the lifter failure is destined to happen, and it's 9 years old. The interior is not the best. There are none of these for sale around me, so I would have to travel a good distance to get one.

The mileage on the Cadillac is 40k, the G8 will probably have 50-60k.

Overall just want a fun sporty car that doesn't weigh a shit ton like the Ford Taurus SHO I drove. I've gotten to drive both and they were both awesome cars but I can't make a decision.
>>
>buying an automatic
>>
>>17756657
Yeah I forgot to mention that I sit in traffic everyday. I figured a manual wouldn't be best for a DD.
>>
>>17756649
>Issues are the front end suspension is weak, the lifter failure is destined to happen

Basically just the front strut mount bushings and LCA bushings are bad in the front. If the lifters haven't shat themselves by now, they won't. Most likely they've been replaced with the revised parts already.
>>
>>17756662
both aren't known for being reliable
>>
>>17756662
so you're asking if you should get a 2 ton 4banger or a 2 ton v8 for sitting in traffic every day? how are you so stupid?
>>
>>17756733
How is that stupid? A majority of my time driving won't be spent sitting in traffic (hopefully). The day doesn't end at 5PM. Weekends exist too. I just figured an automatic would be best at this time.
>>
>>17756726
>truck engine and trans
>not reliable
?????
>>
File: 9328c3_6362115.jpg (213KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9328c3_6362115.jpg
213KB, 1200x1200px
>>17756649
I've had the exact caddy in question for about 5 months. Bro this car is so comfortable and I haven't had any issues with it so far. Maybe be wary of how responsive traction control is on rainy days, I noticed it can get jerky because it denies acceleration at random times. The engine doesn't sound great, but idk if that's something you car about. But honestly great car.
>>
>>17756649
buy the G8, then you can act Australian in your Australian car while you do Australian skids
>>
>>17757323
Then replace the pontiac badge with the holden one. Then start learning to put on an Aussie accent with Aussie words like fair dinkum. Lastly, pick up chicks who think you're Australian.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (24KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
24KB, 443x332px
Shame you never got the falcon, much much better than the commo of the same year, would be more reliable and cheaper to run is basically a full size 4 door with 4L 2j
>>
>>17756649
2.0t and ls3 are good

Do you wanna go sort of fast or be more comfy?

Either will be good I'm sure you already know the trade off between the two.

I would avoid the L76 desu though.
>>
>>17757364
I'm coming from a base Grand Prix so they're both a considerable jump in technology and performance. I just can't decide which one :/
>>
>>17756842
The one bad thing about the caddy is no heated seats. Like, wtf? It's a Cadillac with leather and no heated seats?
>>
>>17757762
g8.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.