[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No big hp fa20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images (2).jpg (23KB, 481x306px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
23KB, 481x306px
I was reading up on wtf86 and they were saying the reason they switched to the VR38 was because after 21psi of boost the FA20 just wouldnt make more power, why is that? I looked around but cant seem to find out anything on it, is it a fuel issue? I would have thought having 2 injectors per cylinder would have made dumping in shit loads of fuel would be easy and make huge hp, so whats wrong with it?
>>
>>17754709
Internal strength, block strength, displacement eventually hits a limit on power as well.
>>
>>17755023
Yeah but they never had any trouble with that, as far as i can tell they only stuff they had trouble with was all aftermarket and supposedly its stronger than the EJ and these plenty of those with 1000hp
>>
>>17754709

My guess is that they simply can't get it to flow exhaust more efficiently without it becoming a Dyno queen or something
>>
>>17754709
Boxers are shit, deal with it.
>>
>>17754709
Yrs you are out of luck over about 510hp at the crank on a stock engine.
>>
>>17754709
>the FA20 just wouldnt make more power, why is that?
Well the fa20 with the wrx makes 270 I think under 13psi stock

You can't just add more boost and expect it to make more power. There's gotta be another bottleneck elsewhere
>>
>>17755306
>>17755023
These.
This block is still fairly new, the aftermarket support it has for now is enthusiast-oriented
>>
>>17760207
>fairly new
>over 5 years old
>>
>>17755053
I don't think its stronger than the ej.

the rods are the weird offset design that compromises strength. aftermarket rods still have the same design. that alone would make it hard to make big power
>>
>>17762378
Stock internals on the EJ20 range are reliable upto about 350hp daily, the FA20 will do 420+ unless mapped by a numpty for daily driving.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.