[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BURBOUN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 00T0T_krQwnA1SSHS_1200x900[1].jpg (148KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00T0T_krQwnA1SSHS_1200x900[1].jpg
148KB, 1200x900px
Hammering out a trade to get this 70k mile lifted '87 Suburban with a 454 in trade for my 99 1.8t Passat with a dented side, exhaust leak and worn out bushings. Redpill me on 7th gen Suburbans. What should I be nitpicking to make him feel like he should trade and what should I look for that will have me turning 360 degrees and walking away?
>>
>>17754311
Like all squares check around window seals, floor pans, rockers, kick panels and everywhere underneath for rust. Make sure the wiring under dash and under the hood hasn't been hacked up and fucked with. With that lift on there check the frame where the steering box is located and make sure there isn't any cracks or warping, it's a common issue on squarebodies that have been lifted with big tires and only made worse if it's been abused, they make repair kits for this spot in the frame that are also preventative and easily welded into place.

That's all I got off the top of my head currently, research the 73-87s (73-91 for burb/blazer) there's insane amounts of info out there. LMC truck, Brothers, JC Whitney, Classic Industries etc will be your best friends for parts.
>>
>>17754311
I see a lot of rust along the bottom of the body. Is your state a smog state?
>>
>>17755202
>american flag
probably not
>>
>>17754311
>lifted
fucking molested by white trash redneck shits basically
these people should be hung from the nearest tree
>>
Looks pretty good to me. Can't go wrong with saying you gots a 454
>>
Frame rot and body mounts would be the most important spots. Its a 40ish year old truck, just take it for a drive and see how it feels. Hopefully not many leaks.

454, 4wd, 35s, have fun with those single digit mpgs.
>>
>>17754311
>Redpill me on 7th gen Suburbans
Like a Landcruiser, but better in every single way.
>>
I had a late 70s k10 as my 1st car, essientally the same thing but without the seats and a 350.

>half the windows were plexi-glass
>every fender rusted out
>camper was faded pink
>dash was literally an 80s boom box. Like from where the radio and all that was, and the glove box, just replaced with a boom box.
>seat was a love seat. Passenger side had reclining mech still.
>4 different tires
>4 different rims
>4 spares in the bed
>front drive shaft in the bed
>hood was litterally 2 different hoods welded together.
>paint was a mix of black primer, rust, and algae.
>entire ignition column came out with key.

Ran like a champ until the alternator went out, sold it for double what i paid, and still see it on the road when im back in my home town.
>>
>>17754311
amazing vehicles front ends can be iffy especially with the lift also ensure 4wd engages with no issues
>>
>>17755202
>a lot of rust

That's actually pretty decent for a squarebody.
>>
File: 00h0h_jDNOOqYDOKJ_1200x900[1].jpg (169KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00h0h_jDNOOqYDOKJ_1200x900[1].jpg
169KB, 1200x900px
>>17754500
>>17755413
>Frame near the steering rack
Fucking check, thanks for the heads up

>>17755407
>>17755326
>>17755236
>otherwise about unkillable
Good to know

>>17755202
Some of the more faggotty counties but not mine and not his and not mine (license plate visible on minivan)

>>17755224
>lifted
literally the single search criteria that lead me to finding it

>>17755255
It's exactly 30 years old and yeah, I'm aware that 10-12 mpg is like if it's running perfect with an economy rear end

Once you see the plate in the background, you might figure out it'll end up parked between my rustbucked red 2g Ram and blue fox body. Not even 100% sure what precise purpose it would serve since both the above get much better mpgs probably backwoods party bus but that furrin' wagon's gotsta go. It's fucking up my theme.
>>
>>17755753
What's that hanging down below the license plate holder?
>>
File: 1480365258732[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1480365258732[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>17755781
I dunno - puny traction bar?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.