[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Court in an hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_63.jpg (526KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_63.jpg
526KB, 2016x1512px
Red light traffic ticket

first court ticket

What should I expect?
>>
Ask to face your accuser. Subpoena the camera, and ask to cross examine it under oath. When the camera can't take the stand, ask the ticket to be thrown out of court.

It was just this defense that got those wretched things declared unconstitutional and banned in my state of South Carolina, so yes, I'm being dead serious, this defense works.
>>
>>17753417
You're fucking stupid. The DA will call you out in this stupid shit
>>
Also, because of this defense, they have zero force of law in Ohio. Oh, they still exist there, and they still write tickets, but you you never have to pay the fine, and you don't even have to show up for court. Even if you're found "guilty", because of the way case law works, they can't hold that against you at all. The worst thing that can happen if you don't pay a traffic camera fine in that state is it turns up as a black mark on your credit statement. There is no further penalty than that.
>>
>>17753417
Op didn't say anything about red light cameras
>>
>>17753417

Cameras are banned in Connecticut too

Ticket was given by a dick cop, he saw I hit the brakes because car ahead stopped.

Was already 1/2 through the light and decided to just keep going.

-20mph
>>
>>17753426
>I ran a red light
>dick cop

Just ask for a reduction, pay the fine and go take a driving safety course to get rid of any points
>>
>>17753424
>take a credit history hit because you're too fucking stupid to just pay a fucking ticket.

Man that's taking the worse of 2 options
>>
>>17753441
If your credit is already fucked anyway, it can't do anymore damage . When you don't have a lot of money, that $150 may be the difference between paying this month's rent and not.

>Misinterpreted OP's post. I thought it was a red light camera that got him.

Sorry about that.

Still, those that have had issues with redlight and speed cameras, there is case law all over the country to get the tickets thrown out.
>>
>>17753509
>If your credit is already fucked anyway, it can't do anymore damage
That's like saying you're already dying, breathing fumes can't hurt you any more
>>
>>17753409
Wear some decent fucking clothes.
>>
>>17753734
This. Also take a shower and a shave. Be very very polite. Always say "Yes Your Honor" or No Your Honor.
>>
File: IMG_68.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_68.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP again

just got back
pic related is the court room

>Walk into traffic court room
>Sign in
>Wait for court to begin
>Judge comes out
>Starts playing on her phone
>Doesn't care about anything
>Table in front
>Four or Five state attorneys or whatever
>They call a name
>You go up to them and make your claim
>They make you pay 1/2 the ticket or cancel the ticket or sign up for a full trial
>My turn
>Walk up
>Attorney guy looks at cops statement
>Tells me to look at bottom of statement where he just circled
>Blah blah blah blah "Good attitude".

>Says I'm free to go

F U C C

Y
E
A
>>
>>17753916
>that guy in the middle thinks it's okay to go out in public like that
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.