[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Modern Cars Suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Too complex, too expensive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3FDu8KvXOg
>>
>>17753174
If you buy a new car today, 5 years from now all the software is outdated and there will be no more upgrades. Considering cars are becoming more dependable on software, this thus reduces the life cycle of a modern car.
Since there are many more parts in cars these days, chances on something breaking is higher, and when something breaks its getting more expensive to fix. This is all done to get more push more money out of the consumer. Cars are no longer investments, but will instead become throwaway objects once the software and tech dies after 5-10 years. If you bought a new car in the 1950s-2000s and took good care of it, chances are you can ride it decades thereafter. But this won't be the case anymore with cars bought today, due to the complexity of the technology, wiring and software (which today without is impossible to drive) becoming outdated.
>>
File: steerbywire.png (37KB, 312x247px) Image search: [Google]
steerbywire.png
37KB, 312x247px
steer by wire and electric sensor brakes/throttle is retarded. you don't feel the road like with a conventional shaft/axle steering wheel. and using throttle/brakes is just asking a (((computer))) to do something.
>>
>>17753256
Steer by wire is bullshit, since you need to have a mechanical backup in case of emergency anyway. Electric power steering completely fucks up feedback compared to hydraulic power steering, although it's slowly getting better.

Brake by wire can straight up go fuck itself though.
Throttle by wire? Okay, you can still steer the car and slow it down safely in case the pedal sensor fails.
Brake by wire? You're shit out of luck, especially if it's an automatic where engine braking is not an option.
>>
>>17753256
There is no steer by wire, it's the assist that's electric
>>
>>17753174
I can relate to this 100%. The touch screen in my 2007 Lexus shit the bed and those fucks quoted me $3,000 for a refurbished unit. In the meantime, I don't have access to navigation, radio presets, or climate controls. What a load of shit!
>>
>>17754258
>Lexus
top kek
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.