[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ordered a new pair of gas tank straps for my car. And I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0197.jpg (919KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
919KB, 2592x1936px
I ordered a new pair of gas tank straps for my car. And I was sent this compact spare tire by mistake. Should I send it back, or should I place a new order for the stripes I need and keep it?
>>
Email the company, chances are they'll send your straps and let you keep the tire. Worst case scenario, they pay to ship it back
>>
I have emailed them, they said if I sent it back they will refund my purchase but I have to pay half of the return shipping. They also didn't say anything about sending my straps when they get it back
>>
>>17751609
Yeah, nah, fuck that noise. Send them this link https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise and thank them for the free spare tire, then tell them if they don't send you the straps you ordered you'll file a chargeback and take your business elsewhere. If they want the tire back they get to pay for the shipping, and it sounds like you're fine with that, so they should just be apologetic for wasting your time instead of fraudulently billing you for their mistake.
>>
File: 1499641376995.gif (356KB, 142x224px) Image search: [Google]
1499641376995.gif
356KB, 142x224px
send your car right throught their fucking business
>>
Yeah I think I'm just going to keep it and get straps elsewhere. Only paid $15 plus shipping, and I think it will fit both of my vehicles. I don't like the idea of a compact spare but for 15 dollars why the hell not?
>>
>>17751609
>>17751633
this but less bridge burning. I dont know how niche the store you're shopping from is, but if you don't have any other options for performance parts or OEM replacements, you should play it nice first. Politely insist (demand) that they are legally obligated to send you what you paid for, but if they include a shipping label for free then you will return the tire. You should not have to pay out of money for their mistake, and a shipping label will cost them less than it would to eat the cost of the spare wheel.

Or do what other guy says, just keep the spare and shop from a different place in the future.
>>
>>17751687
Actually yeah, his guy's right, don't just start emailing demands if you want to continue shopping there in the future. This kind of thing is better handled over the phone too, you'll get a good sense of your options that way. Call them tomorrow and explain the situation, ask how it happened in the first place, and see if they're willing to work with you to get you the items you ordered and get them their spare tire they didn't mean to ship. If they still want to push the cost on you, fuck them. Hang up and call your credit card company and explain the situation. They'll be more receptive.
>>
They did offer a return shipping label, the return is valid until sept 21. But it's big enough that I would have to take it to FedEx or ups office to have it shipped back (hassle). What about just placing an order for my straps and sitting on the tire until the offer expires? I won't get my money back but I'm sure thing costs more than both orders combined. Plus I like to have useful crap like this around never know when your going to need it.
>>
>>17751800
Well, you really have two options here:

Tell them it's an inconvenience for you and they need to arrange a pickup around your schedule, a shipping label isn't enough to make up for their mistake. If they're holding your order hostage until they get the tire back placing a second order probably won't help. Maybe they'll give up and tell you to keep it and send you your straps. Most likely they won't agree to that and you'll wind up arguing back and forth before giving up and ordering your straps elsewhere.

...or...

Cease all communication with them and order your straps elsewhere, and file a chargeback if you want. The tire is legally yours already.
>>
I don't see why it wouldn't work? What if I have have 2 cars that need the same part replaced, now I need a second set. Not that it matters at this point, just bought them from amazon it was cheaper that way.
>>
>>17751564
Figure out how to macgyver the spare tire into a gas tank strap
>>
>>17751963
Now that would be interesting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.