[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Supra now has about half the amount of oil it should. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: poopra.png (906KB, 914x604px) Image search: [Google]
poopra.png
906KB, 914x604px
My Supra now has about half the amount of oil it should.

The oil filter on the 7MGTE is in the most pain in the ass place imaginable. I need jack stands and some actual workspace to get at it. I don't own jack stands or a workspace.

To change all this oil completely will cost me around £70, alternatively I can just go to a garage and get them to do it for cheaper, or I can be cheap and just buy some 10w-40 and fill it up. The only downside is that I don't know what kind of oil the previous owner put in it. I'm going to sell the car in a month or so anyway.

What should I do? How bad an idea is it to just fill the engine up without knowing what is already in it? What if I change the oil but not the filter?
>>
>>17748531
Do it urseld u lazy git
>>
>>17748531
How does it cost you 70 bong dollars for that shit? Is it some sort of bong thing? WTF.
>>
>owning an enthusiast car without any tools or a workspace

sell the car and try again later when you actually have money, poorfag
>>
>>17748873

Jackstands 30
5 litres of oil 30
oil filter 10

>>17748957

I have tools, I just don't have jackstands and have no intention to buy them now for one oil change on a car I don't like that I'm going to sell anyway.

Seriously, I would do this if the MK3 supra had some kind of logic to its design instead of putting the oil filter under the curve of the exhaust manifold, obscured by the turbo from above and the suspension from below.

Maybe if I actually liked this car I would do the change fully myself with jackstands but I can't justify when it sucks so bad.
>>
>>17749466
2jz swap
>>
>>17749691

Maybe if the MK3 didn't suck.
>>
File: 3.jpg (488KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
488KB, 1200x800px
>>17749466
Do a mexican oil change
>>
>>17749774

I tried that but the kerb wasn't high enough to get my head and arms under the car.
>>
>>17749466
Jackstands are an investment. Buy some.
>>
>>17749757
Why does MK3 suck?
>>
>>17749802
Pigfat
>>
>>17749802

It's ultra heavy and has the worst steering feel for a sports car in the world. the handling is genuinely awful, the chassis is ridiculously flexible even on my hardtop to the point where if I park on a kerb I can feel the entire car flex as I drive off/on. If you take any kind of turn at moderate speed then the whole car just chickens out and flabs its way around, this is with new Pirellis and springs.

The 7MGTE is an awful engine, it hates revving and has barely enough power to pull this things giant ass around, it also sounds really bad and working on it is horrid thanks to the ridiculously illogical design. For example, to change an air filter you need to remove all of the intake piping starting from the turbo inlet before you can finally unbolt the AFM and the actual cover.

This awful design is a recurring theme all over the car, it comes with (optional) seatbelt holders for the front seats but these are held on to the seat by the thinnest plastic, so they usually break if you ever had them, so everytime you get in you have to reach past you literally to the back seat. If I park in a parking lot with cars either side of me I have to origami to get out because the door is so huge that it won't be able to open it enough to get out like a normal human being.

The gearbox is nice and notchy but toyota had to put the world's tallest shifter here to add a bad taste to the nicest thing about the car.

There's hundreds of other things about this car that I don't like. It's just a shame it has to look so good.
>>
>>17749872
How did you manage to find a hardtop with a 5 speed? I've never seen a single one in my months of searching.
>>
>>17750072

I got lucky and found a cheap 5 speed hardtop with a turbo in good condition.

I bought it within 2 hours of it being advertised.
>>
>>17750129
Damn that is lucky. Is that it in the OP? How much did you pay? I'm actually planning on 2j swapping mine, but only because I'm a romantic for these cars.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.