[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-audi-a3-saloon-s-line-001.jpg (311KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2016-audi-a3-saloon-s-line-001.jpg
311KB, 1200x800px
Sup /o/

So I'm on the hunt for a new car right now and I need some suggestions on what to look for. I'm comfortable financing up to 25k, but my main concern is insurance costs. I have an agreement that my dad will put it under his name to get better rates so long as its not rediculous, for reference I'm 22 with a spotless record and good credit. Here are the Criteria

> Good Handling
> AWD preferred
> Needs to have a Trunk
> Newer, under 40k miles
> Not gonna Murder my insurance rates

I've been looking at the Audi A3 2.0 Quattro, but I'm not sure how that's gonna do insurance wise. Any other suggestions?
>>
If insurance is a factor, just get a V6 Camry XLE and enjoy the comfy, quick, nice ride. Insuring a luxury german car with a powerful motor is not cheap senpai.

Lexus GS 350 is a sweet ride. Check insurance rates on whatever your choices are. An Audi A6 shouldnt be toooo bad.
>>
>>17744182
I've tried the Camry route, I hated the steering on it, or I would have gone that route, I haven't looked at Lexus yet. Also any reason the A6 would have cheaper rates than an A3?
>>
Also, It just popped into my head, what would be the running costs of a 328I?
>>
>>17744182
v6 accord.
>>
>>17744916
I had an e90, I was paying $90 a month as a single male that was 25 at the time with one accident. Maintenance wise, $90 every 10k miles for oil change that was about it. Water pump would be something to preemptively get replaced when you hit 80 to 100k miles. Transmission fluid should be replaced at least every 50k too which runs you around $800. If you get the turbo engines then maintenance cost will increase.
>>
>>17744202
>Also any reason the A6 would have cheaper rates than an A3?

Unless you mean base A6.
>>
>>17745661
That's not bad at all, I might look into one, thanks
>>
Get a GTI. It has some meme auto braking features so it puts in a super low insurance category. Out the door brand new $25k. I hated the car when I bought it but I absolutely love it now
>>
I vote V6 accord.
>>
How much does average car insurance cost in the US? Here in Czech Rep. I'm paying around 300$/year to get my 2006 1.9 TDI insured and that's relatively expensive because I'm 21 and this is my first insured car.
>>
>>17745661
I had no idea replacing trans fluid was that expensive. That's almost the price of a new trans. Is it that hard to replace?
>>
>>17744161
I know people might roll their eyes, but a Subaru is definitely an obvious choice. Great symmetrical AWD, good build quality, plushy interior. You can even find really reasonable ones with leather trim for well below 25, or even 15k now.

You can get nice cheap older Liberty sedans and wagons that are nice and modern. If you can aim for a later model 4th gen Liberty since it was the last half-decent looking one and manual because the autos have atrocious CVT. Overall I'd recommend, since I had an '08 Liberty until recently and it absolutely beautiful for a daily driver. Try to get a 4th gen I think, mostly because they look nice before Subaru decided to put their head in a woodchipper and started shitting out shitty designs. Only think I'll note on this is that you'll want an '09 model if you can find one, my '08 didn't have an aux jack, USB, or anything like that that was easily accessible.

Obvious choice is an Impreza, but they're much more often hoon cars that have been skull-fucked.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.