[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rotten luck on newish cars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

3 days ago I just bought a Focus Mk3 from 2015, like the one in the photo, with a 1.5 diesel engine.

Put some premium diesel in it, drove 10 miles, engine dead. Computer says "Engine service now".

Had to tow it to the Ford dealership. In the weekend none of the guys working there know how to diagnose it with a laptop. I'll have to wait until Monday to find out what's going on.

Engine starts for 2 seconds when I turn the ignition, then it dies again.

Before I bought it, I took it to the dealership for a revision, they said everything was ok with it.

What are you bad luck stories with newly purchased cars?
>>
Are you sure you got a diesel
>>
>>17742906
Yep. Car's papers say diesel, badge, etc. Sure I fueled with diesel as well, says on the gas station receipt.

I found lots of posts on the net with people having that message, some after refuelling as well, but no consistent solutions.
>>
they make diesels?

>buying a diesel car
>buying an AMERICAN diesel car
>>
>>17742912
Diesels are popular in Europe.
>>
>>17742835
>premium diesel

I don't think that was diesel, Anon.
>>
>>17742924
That's what I thought, but looking at the receipt, it was diesel.

Well, who knows. I'll see Monday what happened.
>>
>>17742912
Ford Europe is German and luckily nothing has been produced nor engineered by an American
>>
File: 17490474.gif (2MB, 424x315px) Image search: [Google]
17490474.gif
2MB, 424x315px
>buy new car
>it's dead before the first weekend

Is this what buying Ford is like?
>>
>>17742835
>buying a brand new diesel today

wew you fucked up

I hope for your sake you can get it refunded and get a petrol car.
>>
Funnily enough, my 2015 fusion just died at 36k miles.

Would get the car started, start driving a few feet, and itd lose all power. Try to start it after, and the entire car will shake super violently before rpms fly everywhere and it shuts off.
>>
File: cakeboye.jpg (128KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cakeboye.jpg
128KB, 576x1024px
>ford vehicles
>>
>>17742928
Do you really need a piece of paper to tell you what a diesel sounds like?
>>
>buying a ford
>ever
>>
>>17743539
Did you take it to a service, and what did they say?

My car has 74k miles on it. I read posts with people having the same thing with 10k miles or as low as 2-3k.

>>17743558
No one in my family had a car, and this is my first one, so yes, I don't know anything about engines and cars.
>>
>>17743573
Is it under warranty?
>>
>>17743573
I sat out in the rain in front of a Japanese market for about 2 hours before a tow truck came to get me and drive me to the dealership.

Had a bad experience with the salesman when getting my car, and have had other problems with the car in the last 4 months. Happened to talk about it with one of the shuttle drivers, who in turn told the boss of the dealership, who ended up apologizing profusely to me for the salesman's behavior, and are trying to do whatever they can to make me happy (it seems). My loaner car is a 2017 fusion with quite a few nice options on it, so it's not too bad.

Most likely the throttle body assembly needs to be replaced, but other things I've noticed that they need to look at is:

Engine misfire (feels like it is)
Steering wheel will vibrate/pulse 3 times, in increments of 3 (vib-vib-vib, break, vib-vib-vib, break, vib-vib-vib) resulting in the entire steering column shaking.

Back right wheel leaks air, tire has no holes.
>>
>>17743583
Nope. Warranty was from Jan 2015 to Jan 2017.

The only warranty it has is on the timing belt and all that assembly (don't know the word for it in English).
>>
File: 1493402520845.png (246KB, 356x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493402520845.png
246KB, 356x364px
>>17743591
This is why the cars I buy are at least 10 years old.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.