[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went through flooded road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So I drove my car through a flooded road tonight because my jerkoff freind led me through it. Afterwards the car had trouble getting from 1st to 2nd gear and then above second. It wouldnt get to above 50 for a while. I had a long drive home so I had to keep going. After a while it started looking like it wasnt going to keep going at all but then revved really high for a second and then was shifting ok. I'm going to take it in tomorrow to get checked out. What's the worst I could have done/what will the damage be?
>>
>>17742149
Nothing happened to it. Take it to a mechanic to confirm

>inb4 they charge you for $1000 worth of pointless repairs
>>
>>17742216
I'm thinking water in the intake manifold?
>>
>>17742223
That wouldn't cause the shifting problem. The engine would start seizing the moment water starts going into it.
>>
>>17742230
so then wtf?
>>
>>17742237
Just one of those weird coincidences. What do you drive and how old is it/mileage?
>>
File: Bathory.jpg (57KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
Bathory.jpg
57KB, 500x245px
>>17742149
If you transmission is like mine(I'm assuming a manual here), it has a weep hole at the bottom of the bellhousing. Water could easily get into the trans and on the clutch here if you drove through it. It is possible you slung water all over your clutch, making it slippery as fuck for a while until the moisture cooked off. I would definitely think this if you were only having trans problems and engine seemed fine.
>>
>>17742264
2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT. About 189k I think.

>>17742268
Nah it's automatic
>>
>>17742276
Pretty sure it was just a coincidence. I have a s10 with about 200k on it and sometimes it has trouble with 1st and 2nd. It's just something old cars do sometimes
>>
>>17742287
Yeah just weird to be acting up over that. I have a decent mechanic I've been too before who doesn't fuck with me. I'm gonna have it looked it. Hopefully I didnt get water in the transmission fluid or somesuch bullshit. The battery light did go on for a breif stint while I was going through the water. Mostly I'm gonna kick my freind's ass
>>
>>17742149

trans and diffs have breather holes/tubes. when i was a mechanic i saw many idiots that towed boats into lakes/rivers not check that their rear diff breather hose was intact and when they backed into the water in came water into the rear diff making a complete mess

this being a automatic still has a breather hose but just driving through puddles shouldnt have gotten water in there, likely a sensor got wet and caused the TCM to go funky and now thats dried out its fine. wouldnt worry unless it acts up again
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.