[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 01414_iscGUjsoxPq_600x450.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01414_iscGUjsoxPq_600x450.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
So I know very little about motorcycles and I want a starter bike to get my feet wet, I found an 05 ninja 250 that has some body damage but supposedly runs really good with a new inspection and new battery/tires. He was asking $1100 and I haggled him down to $750, is this a good deal?
>>
File: 00S0S_6RrgGdGCRJY_600x450.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
00S0S_6RrgGdGCRJY_600x450.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
picture of the damage
>>
Use the sticky to verify if it's in good condition and runs well.
If it does, go for it!
A starter bike is just a stepping stone, so any cosmetic damage doesn't really matter.
>>
>>17736018
Looks like your typical dropped first bike, have a proper look to make sire the frame/bars aren't bent up though.

Make sure you get to hear/see it being cold started, other than that it's a decent deal for $750.

>captcha: walk park
>>
>>17736022
>>17736018
You're probably going to drop it anyway lmao
>>
It's just been dropped. Probably still works fine but you should inspect the alignment of all the parts and make sure it's not torqued or off kilter. $750 is pretty good.
>>
>>17736018
They are good bikes and that would be a good deal, especially if it has good tread on tires. I wouldn't even consider that damage.
>>
This bike is carb'd so make sure it hasn't sat with old fuel. Also make sure you change the oil when you get it.

Great bike. I had a 2007 for a few years which is the same bike. They were the same for about 20 years.
>>
>>17736242
LUL
>>
They are pretty reliable I would get it I only paid 900 for mine and it is in worse condition. Go for it as long as it runs
>>
>>17736018

Unless you're getting a 08+ just go with a ninja 500. You'll outgrow the 250 in like a week of riding anyway
>>
Please do not buy a shitbike. Buy a nice bike you will be proud to ride, proud to fix, and proud to maintain. And since it's a carbed kawasaki you'll definitely be doing the last two. And since it's dropped, god knows what else needs fixed but hasn't been.

On top of all of that, it's a discontinued bike so have fun getting parts like plastics. You will drop your first bike but that also implies you will FIX your first bike.

Get a relatively new fuel injected naked bike (no sportbike pretentions) instead.
>>
I vote buy the shitbike so you can learn on the cheap, learn basic maintenance, and become a better rider. You can easily clean it up afterwards then sell it for a modest profit.

Replacement offshore plastics exist.

Buy for cash, ride, develop YOUR preferences then do what YOU think useful.

You can't lose. Carbs aren't fucking hard and I've made my share of money cleaning them. Once you learn you really won't give a shit either way, and you can tune carbs easily for next to zero money.

Now goto Ninja and Kawasaki general forums (hint, this isn't either) and learn.

I've had and have shitbikes, Britbikes, Harleys, Jap etc and truth be fucking told anybike is fun and has its purpose.
>>
I had an 05 250 and it was a fucking nightmare. Check it thoroughly. My carb regularly got fucked up and the engine would be kill. The wiring on the rear, I discovered, was haphazardly done by the previous owner, and eventually the cylinders were destroyed and made no compression and I ended up selling
>>
>bought 1996 YZF600R as first street bike (rode B-class MX at that time)
>guy who sold it wrecked it and couldn't cope
>no fairings at all
>left fork bent
>left handlebar bent
>left case cover hairline crack
>left mirror MIA
Bought it for a solid $500, as it ran good for a '96
>get home, further inspect bike
>wiring job appeared to have been done by an ape, probably him or his friend on the Harley
>carb contained some kind of jelly substance, figured it was to seal because the gaskets didn't fit right
>cleaned the carbs to nearly pristine stock condition
>bought entire new stock used wire harness
>ran fuel injector/carb cleaner treatment for three tanks
>now runs like it rolled off the showroom floor, but already broke in
Trust me OP you don't want a used bike unless you know the previous owner was intelligent and could work on bikes. Because if you're not intelligent or can't work on it yourself, you're better off buying a brand new naked bike
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.