[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Starter Cars In the UK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9458.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9458.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Dad didn't get me a car when I could legally drive like tradition so been saving and wanna know what the best car to start with is, looking for something that looks nice, cheap to run, but also fast I'm thinking Ford Fiesta ST or something along thoughs lines

Need suggestions
>>
Last thread died before I get get any responses
>>
File: babbysfirstcar.png (617KB, 1018x894px) Image search: [Google]
babbysfirstcar.png
617KB, 1018x894px
>>17735884
>but also fast

Your first car will end up in a ditch. Its a rite of passage.

Buy something cheap as fuck and drive it for 1 year to get your no claims bonus, then buy your siesta ST.

I would recommend a late 90's vw polo. Learn all you can working on it yourself so you dont fuck up anything of value. Then after your first year you can take it to a demolition derby and have your fun with her. Give her a warriors send off.

Some of my best automotive memories are working/driving/speeding on my first shitbox.

I don't care that daddy wants you to have something "safe", only having a drivers air bag will teach you some self preservation.

Everyone should start with a shitbox.
>>
>>17735884
Swift sport is a good hot hatch that is fairly cheap to buy and insurance won't rape you nearly as much as a fiesta st
>>
loool mate I dunno if you're young or what but don't even think of getting a sporty car. I'm 20 and I tried to insure an MX5 and those cunts were asking for 9k a bloody year

I got my eye on a classic mini now though.
>>
>>17738190
What model? I've been quoted £1654 for a 1.8 mk1
>>
Buy an old carby i6 MG convertible you can wrench on and race around the countryside in. That's what I would do if I was a bong instead of a cunt
>>
>>17738680
NA

im in london tho
>>
File: 1503053814612.png (119KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1503053814612.png
119KB, 296x296px
>>17738680
and in case you were asking about the mini - an MK6. From '94 I think.
>>
>>17736212
>Your first car will end up in a ditch
nice meme
my first car wound up in a collector's garage
guy had a thing for restoring old Volvos
>>
>>17741083
Oh right yeah London would explain that. I live in the middle of nowhere in Cumbria, hence why I got it cheep as fuck
>>
>>17735884
Get a micra with the 1.4 or 1.3. Find some friends and go to autotest and 12 car. Laugh at the cucks in their 250hp cars that they are afraid to abuse.
>>
>>17735884
don't get a hot hatch as your first car, get a normal boring hatchback until you have a few years no claims & that extra experience driving, plus being cheap to run won't matter if the insurance leaves your asshole red raw.
>>
>>17735884
Fiat Panda
>>
mini cooper, golf gti, ek9, 1jz/2jz
>>
>>17736212
I really wanted a Golf Mk 2 as my first car, to tear down and build up, fuck about with and stuff.
Is the insurance that bad? I'm 18 and from what I know; riding a 125 bike reduces the costs of insurance by a little bit, and having a newer car reduces costs too, because of safety features and that.
>>
>>17743084
basically if you're under 25 insurance companies expect the worst from male drivers thanks to all the little retards that think everyone is trying to race them just because you're overtaking them with ease, then they get out at the lights and start yelling as if you just fucked their mother, and when you leave them behind again they put their high beams on

what i'm saying is, you're fucked for 7 years thanks to chavs.
>>
>>17743094
I am a chav though.
Will my insurance be better because of riding a bike? Also how do no claims work? Is it just what it says on the tin, and if you never claim repairs or anything, you get cheaper insurance?
>>
>>17743115
yeah, but most insurers only give you a discount for 5-6 years, no more. riding a bike will help but by how much i'm not sure.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.