[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pickup truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: DSC_0207.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0207.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
Thinking of getting a Toyota Tundra or Toyota Tacoma. anyone got better options? what should I look out for? I'm still new with cars so I apologize if this info is not enough.

I'm buying used so (anywhere from 2010-2013)... what should be a good rough price range assuming its is in good condition.
>>
>>17732646
>anyone got better options?
ranger

just as dependable without the meme tax
>>
File: toyota.jpg (22KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
toyota.jpg
22KB, 500x330px
>>17732646
ALWAYS GET TOYOTA, PERIOD!

Tundra is a great half ton pickup truck with a bullet proof engine that would last you 1 million miles if you take great care of it. However, with the new domestics (Ford, GM Twins, RAM) they probably won't last no more than 250k miles even if you service them.

If you need something smaller or somewhat good on gas, get the Taco. Can kick a Chevy Recallarado's ass all day every day in reliability. (plus the Colorado is a woman's truck, you'd look like a fag driving around in one)
>>
>>17732646
I'm in a similar predicament, anon.

I really want a ((current gen)) Taco, or a previous gen Silverado. I do a fair amount of trail riding, but nothing too crazy (no crawling or anything like that, I just like taking the trails).

Silverado is a comfortable ride, though the newest are just too big for my needs. I feel like I can get a 2013-14 Silverado with all the bells and whistles for close to 25k. If I were to go the Taco route it would be a TRD OR or Pro. That crawl control seems pretty sweet, and now they can be had with a sunroof.

I don't know what I'll do.
>>
>>17732656
Dependable, sure. But capable?
>>
>>17732703
Ranger's aren't dependable. But you can still buy it if you enjoy having your rear diff crack.
>>
File: tacoframe.jpg (59KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
tacoframe.jpg
59KB, 960x541px
>>17732703
if you get the 4.0

>>17732711
*ahem*
>>
>>17732722
Yes, a problem that's been LONG resolved.

You domesticucks always love to bring up the old frame rust issue because that's the only flaw you can think up when Toyota is mentioned, try naming more than two issues with Toyota, I dare you.

>inb4 floormat recall
>>
>>17732727
>the only flaw

Literally the only one I ever hear.
>>
>>17732711
>ranger
>not dependable
Are you gay or something
>rear diff crack
Breah I have never heard this happened to anyone
The 7.5 isn't that strong but under that little truck its fine plus a 8.8 swap is easy as shit only weak point on a ranger is the slush box auto tranny
Thanks mazda
>>
>>17732722
delete this
>>
>>17732746
Exactly, and that flaw has been resolved long ago.

Toyota can no longer rust break in half.
>>
Get a Seat Ibiza
>>
>>17732711
I am not, nor have I ever been, considering buying a Ranger.
>>
>>17732752
I still do occasionally hear about rust issue, all the way up to current day models. What's that about?
>>
>>17732752
1. Its not a ranger
2. Its not a ranger
>>
get a 1997 isuzu hombre
>>
>>17732769
>>17732727
Msent for this post
>>
>>17732749
>Are you gay or something

Apperently in the mind of a domesticuck, stating facts somehow makes you a homo.

Rangers are a pile of dogshit. Ford never found out how to fix that rear diff issue yet.

>>17732764
Lies, so far the last time a Toyota had a frame issue was way before the last gen Tacomas. Now it's not an issue since Toyota looked more into it.

>>17732769
>Its not a ranger

That should be a pro, not a con.

Rangers are shit.
>>
>>17732778
>instantly calls someone a cuck cause he needs to defend everything Asian
>ford never found out how to fix it
Breah there was no such thing I just googled ranger cracked rear end and nothing comes up and like I said the 7.5 is fine but you could literally take a day and swap an 8.8 in it
Mean while Toyota had the rust problem for 5 years on 1.5 million trucks
Just step away from the import meme boi
>>
>>17732809
>Mean while Toyota had the rust problem for 5 years on 1.5 million trucks

Yeah and that problem was long resolved. Ford's are utter shit that they also need an engine replacement at 200k miles. I know this by experience.

>>instantly calls someone a cuck cause he needs to defend everything Asian

oh no i called someone a name over the internet. grow some balls.
>>
>>17732822
>1.5 million
>1 experience
nice logic there boi-o
>200k miles needs a replacement
Even though the "bullet proof" Vulcans and limas are known for going well over 300k
>5 years to fix a rust issue
>5 years to realize there sealer is porous
>5 years
>1.5 million trucks
>grow some balls
Says the weeb who has to immediately call someone a cuck cause someone likes something different
>>
>>17732846
>greentexting unnecessary shit just to make a point

domesticucks on damage control again.

>Says the weeb who has to immediately call someone a cuck cause someone likes something different
So far I only called you a domesticuck. Which again you are offended by. grow some balls lmao.
>>
>>17732866
>devolved into name calling
Looks like the weeb is grasping at straws now
>O N E P O I N T F I V E M I L L I O N
>>
>>17732873
>making a big deal out of name calling on the internet

grow some balls speg
>>
>>17732877
>ignoring the point I was making that you don't have an argument and become a total cuck
lmao
>>
>>17732700
if i can do what you do with your truck in my corolla, then who here is the bigger pussy
>>
>>17732885
>>ignoring the point I was making that you don't have an argument and become a total cuck

lol, look at this loser living in a world of delusions.
>>
>>17732899
Why are you yelling at me?
>>
File: dsc_0115ready.jpg (4MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0115ready.jpg
4MB, 4288x2848px
mmmmmmmmmm
>>
If you want to know the ins and outs of tacos, go to tacomaworld. Take generally its a war between 2nd and 3rd gens. I had a simple recall on my 2017 taken care of and its been smooth sailing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.