[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: dumb shit you did to your car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0741.jpg (23KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0741.jpg
23KB, 362x366px
>be idiot
>run lights inside my nissan sentra
>keep them on for the second time
>car dies for the second time
>jump it with mommys jeep
>idle is now 250 lower than it usually is
>mfw
>>
>buy Cadillac
>>
>>17731024
i thought you couldn't go wrong with a fatty caddy m8, what went wrong?
>>
>>17731204
They're great until one of the many complex parts fails. It takes an adept understanding of them to properly diagnose shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160922_1624592.jpg (2MB, 1904x1426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160922_1624592.jpg
2MB, 1904x1426px
>have 99 Cherokee with 4.0L
>AC has a small leak, so I have to recharge it once a year with those cans from Autozone
>recharging it one day while the Jeep is running
>finish up and get in it to shut it off
>temp gauge is pegged and the check gauges light is on
>since it's my beater and I don't really care about it, I decide I'll hose the radiator down a bit
>water instantly turns to steam and creates a giant cloud
>think "hmmm.... fuck it" and start spraying the engine
>about ten seconds later think "the fuck am I doing, I'm going to warp the head or some shit"
>stop hosing it down and leave it there too cool off
>start it up later and it still runs and drives fine

I've overheated this thing like 5 times, but it doesn't give a shit so neither do I.
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (19KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0700.jpg
19KB, 248x250px
pls rebly
>>
I put an 80$ eBay plastic looks spoiler on my miata rather than just getting a real one for like 50$ realized my mistake a month or so later, one day I'll get a big Wang once I make the car a track rocket
>>
>>17731405
I had a 4.0 Cherokee in England, had similar experience. Would overheat constantly and leak/burn all of its oil just with normal use but this would never affect the running of the car, even running with little to no oil or coolant
>>
>>17731225
>I can't fix it, must need a wizard
Ok
>>
File: everyday.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
everyday.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>slight ringing when clutch isn't pressed in
>bit later squeak coming from tranny area whenever operating clutch
>think it's the clutch release or throw out bearing in conjunction with a dry slave cylinder pushrod
>stress
>lube up the slave cylinder pushrod
>open it up and grease the rod with 5 different substances
>none work
>replace slave cylinder
>didn't work
>eventually opt to go for super overpriced Honda ™ Urea grease made from virgin tears and unobtanium.
>Works
>for two days
>Bled the slave cylinder atleast 3 times now
>Opened it up so often that the 20 year old rubber boot has torn
>Replace that
>Inquired at every Honda related forum got wildly varying answer spelling out all different sorts of complete doom scenarios
>fuck
>flip through workshop book at one dull moment to read about the working of all the different pedal mechanisms
>In moment of clarity adjust the pedal so there is a little more pressure on the rod without actually engaging it.
>no more ringing and squeaks
>spend weeks worrying that there's too much pressure and my clutch won't fully (dis)engage
>Sniff around the tranny area like a K-9 unit after all long drives to smell burnt clutch
>Should've burned out by now (10k km)so I guess it worked.

At one point I could hear that feint ringing and squeaking whenever I closed my eyes. It literally followed me in my dreams.
>>
>>17733488
I had this with the head gasket on my Dolomite. Blew twice on my built engine pretty subtly so when the top of the block was reengineered to prevent it happening again, I was super cautious for ages. Half the driving of old British cars is temperature management so I was checking the cooling system for pressure every single time before i started it cold. Seems fine though
>>
File: 2a3.png (155KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
2a3.png
155KB, 600x544px
>own mk4 jetta 2.0 n/a
>pigfat and slow but really good handling and durability for a cheap fwd shitbox
>always go hooning with it bc always grips
>I discover I can make it snap oversteer bc shit tires, start doing hand brake turns, j turns, reverse donuts, """drifts""" etc
>one day when I hit the rev limiter the car have itself a water pump delete apparently
>limp it home somehow
>drive it to school and back for a week with the temps over the max but somehow never boils over
>mfw it only cost 150$ to repair
>>
>>17733496
Do you daily it? Bet that must be like 50% having fun, 50% being in absolute fear of critical mechanical failure.,
>>
>>17733501
Not that guy, but I used to daily a '74 MGB. It is just like you describe it. I used to keep a spare alternator in the trunk because British electrics.
>>
>>17733500
based 2.slow
>>
>>17733501
I daily it, it's fine. No tools or spares in the boot
>>
>>17733488
kek
>>
File: 1496447254870.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496447254870.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>17731019
>Not owning a battery charger.
>>
>>17731204
You can definitely go wrong if it has a northstar
>>
>>17733488
>spend 5 full days over the course of a few weeks working on my suspension at my mothers place while she was away
>police doesn't like people opening up a curb workshop in my area
>windows rolled down, radio on
>sunny out
>good times
>finally put back together
>load my crap in the car
>try to start it
>no charge
>no shhit
>bump start it
>push a fully loaded shitbox down a residential street
>quickly run around it to jump in the drivers seat
>engage 2nd
>chug chug chug
>nothing
>do that 3 times
>ran out of street
>turn it around with much heaving and pushing
>elderly neighbours wants to help
>she has a walker
>no thanks
>try to start it in reverse
>push from the front
>run around
>jump in car
>gets pushed over by door
>blood
>sweat and blood running through my eyebrows
>it's dark out
>tired as a dog
>try again
>jump in
>chug chug life
>sweet salvation life
>nurse it out of the street
>come by gas station
>tyres went very soft from standing still for a few weeks.
>Wobble it in the gas station
>Fumble for a coin
>Undo my seatbelt
>Turn engine off
>Remove key from ignition
>Step out
>Realize what a fucking retard I am.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.