[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aftermarket help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6034.jpg (1MB, 2535x1895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6034.jpg
1MB, 2535x1895px
Hey /o/
I'm looking at getting my first personal car within the next month or so and was going to ask for advice.
I have my heart set in a Cooper S (2008+ and more specifically a 2013).
Basically I was wondering how everyone felt about the following:
Bags - Coils
Forged Pistons
Upgraded turbo (brand preferences)
Rims you think are nice (I like OZ Rally but not sure how much I like them on the Mini)
And other simple mods

I can do maintenance and other work, but I know nothing when it comes to aftermarket. Especially when it comes to fitment (I wanted to widebody the car at some point, but not sure how to go about it with rim and tire size [for width])

Sorry for asking so much, and thank you for those of you to reply.
>>
>>17730849
>planning on mods before you've even driven the car and learned what it needs
Foolish desu
>>
I have driven several Mini Coopers before, they weren't the Cooper S but I enjoy the size, even though I'm slightly cramped at 6'4 haha
>>
>>17730849
Buy an older R53 Mini JCW instead. The later models had so many problems
>>
>>17730869
this

nigga doesnt understand that none of his plans will go thru
>>
I like the JCW but they aren't very common around here. I'm looking to keep the mileage below 60k with a price tag of around 15k but would go up to 18
>>
>>17730920
>Paying 18k for a Mini

Take it from a Mini owner. If you can afford 18k, you need to budget 9k for a Mini and 9k for repairs. A more expensive, lower mileage mini is not a guarantee of reliability
>>
Tbh I really enjoy working on Mini's
I can do repairs, I have student certifications (student certifications mean next to nothing but I can still do most basic repairs).
But I know what you mean, I got to do a water pump on an '09 a few months ago for a close friend. What a shop quoted at $450 + the cost of the part was just the price of the part, and a 12 pack + dinner.
But I know what you mean, BMW related things are always pricey.
>>
>>17730986
If you're happy to pay for the parts and put in the wrench time, they're about as good as a FWD hatch can be.

I love mine
>>
>>17730915
this. i bought my last car 2 years ago with the intention of just doing a hfc, fmic, and tune and running 13s. 6 months later i was tossing a new motor in it with a big turbo and $5k in suspension and brake work and running mid 12s.

buy a car you like, join a forum, and play it by ear.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.