[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most reliable cheap first SUVs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x447px
I need an SUV big enough to haul tools and piping like a 4Runner or something. I'll start with a 4Runner. I need something reliable and easy to work on, preferably two doors since I don't want
to give people rides.
>>
File: gdojZiO.jpg (126KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gdojZiO.jpg
126KB, 640x640px
>>17728860
first gen CRV
Super reliable, gas efficient, super easy to work on B20 and cheap parts
You can find them in 5 speeds too. The AWD that doesnt suck gas is nice too though it's not a great AWD system it's still better than just FWD.

If you dont want to give rides just take your back seats out. Thats what I did with mine. I do freelance handyman work and used it for transporting everything around. Bought it with (2001) 177k miles 5 speed for $2500 in 2011. Sold it last year for $3000 with 255k still running fine only ever replaced timing belt, brakes, tires, and plugs and wires. Nothing ever acutally went bad, just wear stuff. Even on the same walmart everstart battery from 2009.
>>
90s C1500
>>
>>17728921
I appreciate what you're saying but I simply don't like Hondas lol.
>>
>>17728933
why?
>>
>>17728933
not him but unwarranted brand hate and bias makes me laugh.
People force themselves into shitty inferior products all the time because of this.

One of my best friends and his family are all full mopar lovers. They buy a new car every year cause their shit is always broke. Their yard is full of broke chryslers. His mom is on her 5th PT Cruiser since I met him in 2008 and the others are all in the yard with bad headgaskets, bad transmissions, blown motor, etc. The dad has a few dodge dakotas he has gone through in the same time. He has 2 broke neons, a dakota that runs but has problems, a ram that is nice but is newer and has had 2 transmissions in 6 years he has had it and a chrysler 300c he just bought that I give a year or so.

Anyway you'll probably be fine with a 4runner or something. Just ranting at how dumb I think unwarranted brand biases are.
>>
2001-2008 Ford explorers can be had for cheap, and are easy enough to work on.

Have you thought about minivans? If you want space, they are second to none. Usually good in gas, too.
>>
>>17728860
why are you supplying your own vehicle for work?
>>
>>17728978
I second the Explorers. Great SUV's with plenty of space and towing capacity.
>>
>>17728978
6cyl or V8? I'm looking at V8 Explorers
>>
>>17728860
Want something japanese? Then the nissan patrol is also worth a look.
>>
Pajero
>>
>>17729280
The v-8s are nicer to drive as they have a bit more power, and in some cases, get better empeegees than the v-6. I know that a manual 5-speed swap is possible on V-6 (I did it on mine), not sure about the v-8 though.

Avoid AWD (they are bad on gas) but 4x4 is fine. Upper trim models have nice interiors, and all have pretty comfy ride.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486949761240.jpg (182KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486949761240.jpg
182KB, 960x540px
>>17729280
V8 explorer. You wont regret it. Pic related, got it for only 2500 bucks.
>>
>>17728961
>>17728965
I think they're ugly desu, I don't want to be seen driving one. I like every other brand for the most part except Honda or Kia or Hyundai.
>>
>>17729355
Pajero, aka Montero / Montero Sport

Im going to purchase one of these as my first SUV soon-ish I hope!
>>
>>17729592
100-120k early 2000's for like $2000 all over Craigslist
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.