[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engine size and power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jaguar-xj2_jaguar-xj220-08.jpg (85KB, 620x354px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-xj2_jaguar-xj220-08.jpg
85KB, 620x354px
Ok. How come the 1993 jag xj220 with a twin turbo charged 3.6L produces the same power as a cts-v /z06 while they have a 6.2l? why would u not have smaller engines producing the same HP? (I.e that clip in top gear where a jag xj220 beats a Pagani zonda.) Wouldnt fuel economy increase?
>>
drivetrain tolerances and reliability. this question comes up every day. in layman's terms, you can take a Z06 to 80k miles without any problems but you'd have to rebuild the jag twice in that same amount of time.
>>
>>17727728
>why would u not have smaller engines producing the same HP?
>Wouldnt fuel economy increase?

Ford probably thought the same thing with the new """GT""" and they got blown waaaay the fuck out on that deal.
>11 mpg

I suppose you could also ask why Porsche and Ferrari didn't just boost a V6 up to 800 and 900 HP instead of the heavy V8/V12 Hybrid setup they currently have.
>>
>>17727728
if you have a smaller engine or an engine with fewer cylinders, you have to compensate with higher boost, higher compression, and likely some type of more complicated camshaft(s) and valve design. You end up with more moving parts, and higher loads on the engine from added boost and higher compression.

Big american V8s have always had lower than necessary compression which means while they generate less power than they could, they have much lower engine stresses which improves the longevity of the engine.
>>
>>17727865
>>17727796
>>17727742
Thanks guys. Appreciate the answers. :)
>>
Twin turbo.
Vs.
Not twin turbo

That is why. Twin turbo a 6.2L. Absolute madman machine
>>
Power is fuel and air. turbos push in more air so you can burn more fuel and get more power. the gas savings for small turbo engines are negated everytime you stomp on it.
>>
Better question - why is the XJ220 so fucking beautiful?
>>
>>17727728
Americans can barely get 130hp from a 2.5l I4, top kek.

Meanwhile in Europe we drive turbocharged 1.2l shitboxes giving out 125bhp
>>
>>17729403
Where are you getting that info? I drive a 2.2 i4 that is rated for 140hp and the car is from 2002
>>
>>17729403
You seem to be bragging that you're driving 125hp when Americans daily 400+hp
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.