[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercedes SLK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Mercedes-Benz-SLK-280.jpg (203KB, 2139x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-Benz-SLK-280.jpg
203KB, 2139x1254px
Why does nobody talk about SLK's?
>230+ horsepower
>Miata Handling
>Hardtop convertiable
>Reliable as fuck
>Beautiful fucking interior
Owned an Slk32 for 3 years and regret selling it, wonderful car.
>>
File: death.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>17727334
Eurofans typically hate Miata like cars.

Miata weebs typically hate anything non Japanese.
>>
>>17727334
>Mercedes
>reliable
I'm surprised if this isn't a troll. Hate Mercedes as a rule.

Are they reasonably cheap for maintenance too? That'd make me lose my grip on reality
>>
they weigh a lot for such a small car, doubt they'd have miata handling
>>
>>17727334

Decent car, but if you can afford, then it is good for you.
>>
File: 17_vds_chart_1[1].jpg (204KB, 1020x1360px) Image search: [Google]
17_vds_chart_1[1].jpg
204KB, 1020x1360px
>>17727376

>that forced meme

It happened in the DaimlerChrysler era. MB had gone shitty due to sharing shitty parts with Dodge.

After DaimlerChrysler divorce, the reliability of MB has been recovered and improved a lot.
>>
My dad owns a R171 SLK200. It’s been reliable ever since we bought it (only thing we had to go to the shop for was oil change) and is one of the best bang-for-buck cars you can get (in germany at least, the prices in the US are dreadful)
>>
>>17727376
Mercedes being unreliable is a meme. I'm at 182,000 on my C280 and all I've had done to it is replace a fuel pump for $200 and a water pump for $230. The former was due to the crooked Persian gas station
I used to go cutting their fuel with sandy ground water.
>>
>>17727409
If it's a meme I don't know about it. I apologize for not knowing the culture of this particular board. I'm actually a mechanic and that's just my opinion of Mercedes. I disagree with it having only to do with Chrysler but Chrysler is also on my shit list aha. The jeeps are alright but they're using tech from 50 years ago so they should be at least aha. I run a small shop in America so prices are pretty high on parts and I can't stand some of the stupidity of their engineers. For example, the admittedly best example I can come up with, I remember an suv that came into my shop that had an Alternator cooled with the engine coolant. This meant two things, it had to be located more toward the center of the middle pf the engine which increased the labor to replace it to 12 hours according to alldata, and the part itself was just under 500 bucks. I'm sure it increases the lifetime of the part to cool it, sure, but not by enough to justify that kind of cost. As such, it is my opinion that they are pretty cool for high tech they are, but shit for anyone to actually own
>>
>>17727501
And before you claim alldata is lying, it's a program you pay for as a professional shop because they get all of their information from the manufacturer.

That said, as a brutish American I found a way to do the job in about 3 hours by loosening some engine mounts, and applying some force with pry bars. The customer did not pay for the full 12
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.