[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on lane-splitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 2011%2F07%2Flane-splitting1.jpg (141KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
2011%2F07%2Flane-splitting1.jpg
141KB, 600x369px
Was riding on the highway at the speed of the flow, when eventually it got to a dead stop. I decided to lane split at about 30km/h and got beefed hard by a truck driver. He later caught up to me and began filming me (no longer splitting at this time, and didnt for the rest of the ride) while flipping me off saying he was going to report me to the authorities.

Not sure how likely it is I get fucked over for this because its not illegal to lane-split where I live, but apparently it isnt accepted by the general public.

tl;dr: Does it piss you off when bikers lane-split? Why does it piss you off?
>>
Nothing wrong with it.

>>>/facebook/
>>
only time i care is when mr straight cut dentist on a harley or some kid on a sportsbike blows through at redline blowing my fucking head off
>>
>>17726157
As long as you're not flying between cars I don't have a problem with it. 30km/h through stopped traffic sounds perfectly reasonable. It's illegal where I live though, so I've never actually seen someone doing it in person.
>>
I HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE SO YOU DO TOO
>t. childish drivers
>>
I prefer to see bikers lane splitting. You're driving something smaller than me, you should get the option of making traffic easier for everyone. It's a win-win.
>>
>>17726157
USA drivers are retarded. Its all about me mentality and you jumped the queue in their eyes.
>>
I honestly don't mind, my only concern is that the motorcycle's gonna kersplat against someone changing lanes at a merge or something.
>I work in an ER and as a result worry about this type of thing, though honestly it's ATV accidents>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Motorcycle accidents>/=Car accidents
>>
>>17726157
Filtering is goat, provided it is done safely.

Splitting lanes at 100mph is not doing it safely.
>>
Splitting lanes is fine. Unfortunately, look at the mongoloids that live in your country who have a problem with it. If you are still willing to brave it, then I wish you luck sir.
>>
>>17726161
>>17726198
>>17726269
>>17726322
>>17726336
>>17726544
>>17726588
>>17726658
>>17726679

>t.lanesplitting bike fags
>>
>>17726157
Practiced responsibly, I'm fine with it. It's legal here (CA).

Unfortunately, in practice the freeway is full of squids who split at unsafe speeds and then get pissed off when people don't see them as a result. Assholes going 30+ through stopped traffic deserve to get hit.
>>
I just hate it when they can't decide if they are in a lane or not and go from being beside (but in front of) you to being 1m in front of you then back to beside constantly
Also I've had some get a bit too close to my car and seen someone hit another car doing this
>>
>>17726157

Nothing wrong with it. Parents always taught me to be cognizant of bikers/cyclists and give them adequate space.
I drive in shitty SoCal traffic every day : 12 mile commute takes me 50-70 minutes one way.
Bikes zip past me all the time and I'm amazed at how unaware and/or disrespectful some fast lane cars are. Usually it's a BMW or a bland crossover.
>>
File: Pathetic.png (163KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic.png
163KB, 256x317px
>>17726712
>t. Haha look I responded to all these posts! What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>17726157
Lost a side mirror to a lane splitting faggot on a busa and the impact of him hitting it threw him sideways and down. No helmet and he fucking died from head trauma while waiting for the ambulance.
>>
>>17726157
all this reddit spacing
>>
>>17726161
your doing it wrong it's >>>/fa/cebook
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.