[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sports car is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

“The sports car market is roughly half of what it used to be,” Ian Robertson, BMW’s head of sales, said in an interview at the manufacturer’s headquarters in Munich. “Post-2008, it just collapsed. I’m not so sure it’ll ever fully recover.”

Speaking to Automotive News, Robertson noted that SUVs and crossovers have replaced the sports car’s function as a status symbol, while emerging markets tended to gravitate towards large sedans that one can be driven in.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/11/quote-day-sports-car-dead/

What did BMW meme by this?
>>
>>17725497
>What did BMW meme by this?

They mean driving isn't fun when its quiet, too smooth and soft, all computer assisted, and my car fucking talks to me, and not in a cool voice either. Its fucking lame, modern cars are mostly lame, and it makes people forget about fun driving. Driving a shitty old pickup or busted ghetto sled from the 70's is way more fun than any new car. Driving a new car is like sitting on the couch.
>>
>
>>
>>17725497
>post 2008
seems about right tb h.
best BMW M cars were built pre-2008.
the M2 gives some hope though.
>>
>CEO-s..sama! Our sport cars sells are awful! People with brain either buy our 90's cars and noone at all! All the chads and Slavic scum have kids and only buy our SUVs, what should we do?
>Tell everyone that sport cars market is dead.
>But..
>Open the oven Hans
>>
>>17727674
or instead of and in the second line
Fuck me
>>
They mean it must be the consumer's fault because BMW is flawless and has only made their cars better.

>People are still buying miatas in droves
>THE SPORTSCAR MARKET IS DYING NOBODY BOUGHT OUR LUXURY SPORT SEDAN
>>
>>17725497
>what are affordable sports cars

those basically dont exsist anymore if you compare the affordable sportscar market of the 90s to today
>>
>people cannot afford to buy cars because capitalism is now permanently in crisis mode
>the current ridiculous car payment situation is proof of this, it would never happen in a world where people had secure jobs
bmw may be a shit but they're right on that one, sports car figures are never going to recover the big thing is that those other growing markets are mostly fake growth by people who still can't really afford what they're buying
the next big economic dip is gonna be nasty
>>
They should really try to make the ///M cars come with a simpler style. The pre2009 style was good and lux enough.

The new cars come with a bunch of fancy and heavy bs nobody wants. The new ///m cars have nav, vibrating steering wheels, lane change warning sensors, motorized seats, windows , de frosting mirrors, heated steering wheels.

They should really take out all the tech and sell a car with a bluetooth radio, ac, and sell it as a sport trim that's simple, looks good, and weighs as little as possible and has as few electronic computer bs running through it as possible.
>>
>>17725497
BMW hasnt made a sports car in decades, what do they know?
>>
>>17727872
M2 is a really good sports car.
>>
>>17727854
This, they need to start making lower trim cars with decent sized engines

All I want is something >2.4L with two doors

Also
> You cannot deselect this option
> Then why is it called an 'option'?
>>
>>17727854
I think they are trying to compete with AMG
>>
>>17725497
>2008
>>
>>17727854
an M3 CSL? Quite possible one of the very best M cars ever? yes please
>>
>>17727854
The idea behind BMW M is daily drivable sports cars
BMW has been building luxurious sports cars since the E24 M5
Want a raw, hardcore sports car you buy a Caterham or Porsche GT2RS
>>
>>17727911
Why though. They could sell to the current undersold niche. People that would never buy a Merc AMG because they don't want that version of performance.

I feel like they could do more business serving their own niche rather than fighting over Mercs. I see M2s around, its not like people don't want them.
>>
>>17727854
>make cars simpler
Haha
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.