[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6523-20.jpg (642KB, 1200x800px)
IMG_6523-20.jpg
642KB, 1200x800px
Britbong here, just got back from a trip to the US where I drove for a week (in California, I know it's different elsewhere).

Why the FUCK are there 4-way stop signs everywhere? It makes no sense.

Why the FUCK do Californians refuse to let people merge? You know letting people in speeds traffic up, right?

Why don't the lights to go amber before going green? It gives texting and driving idiots a chance to put their phone down, and everyone else a chance to get ready to go.

I did like how wide the roads were though, and the pretty much complete lack of speed monitoring. I went through loads of "radar enforced" areas and never saw a copper once.

Pic related, my rental.
>>
Cali has aggro drivers. Sorry bud. How did you like the pony car?
>>
That flashing / amber thing before going green was really neat in Austria. Something that should be implemented.

Our driving rules and tests are really lax so even 85 IQ groids can pass which leads to this shit behavior on the roads. This effect is exponential in any major city.
>>
>>17723852
Idiots drive in all of the US but that's because we're a pretty big country with a lot of land between major and minor cities and towns. The best drivers will be in the most respectable states like Montana and New Hampshire. My best advice next time is follow your gut and drive defensively like in any country and never speed unless you are in traffic. Cruise control is your friend for long trips.

Did you like it overall? I have a safe spot for Brits and Aussies/kiwis. Ya'll are our cousins from across the band and I feel we should treat each other as such. Also take advantage of the gun culture. We live and respect firearms more than any country so go ahead and fire an AR-15 next time. It's addicting.
>>
>>17723852
It's because you're granted a driver's license here if you can write your name and know red = stop and green = go. Driver education is such a fucking joke and I hate that no politicians are trying to change that to improve road safety and save lives, instead focusing on lowering speed limits and pocketing tax money meant for improving roads and infrastructure.

IMO everyone should have to pass a hard written test every 5 years, and 65+ you should have to pass it every year with eye and ear exams as well. Too many old fucks mixing up their two(!) pedals and speeding into shit or hitting something and saying they didn't see it.
>>
>>17723852
California drivers are almost the worst, I can only imagine what it'd be like living near LA.

If it makes you feel better, come down to Victoria, BC, where everything is shit, drivers and roads included.
>>
>>17725731
>v6
>pony car

More like bitch car.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.