/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best place to /drive/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Wayah-Road-curves-gravel.jpg (310KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
Wayah-Road-curves-gravel.jpg
310KB, 1200x797px
Is western North Carolina the best place to live if your an /o/utist?

Where else has roads as beautiful and twisty as these?
>pic related only a couple miles from my new house
>>
File: Motorcycle_1487.png (1MB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
Motorcycle_1487.png
1MB, 800x535px
more pron
>>
File: Powerhouse.jpg (427KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Powerhouse.jpg
427KB, 750x1000px
>>17722682
The Smokies and surrounding areas are pretty top notch.
>>
A road 3 miles from where I live.

https://youtu.be/Xl4_RtrITI0
>>
>>17722682
CA if it wasn't for our shitty government
>>
I live in denver and literally any two lane road into the mountains is extremely curvy, usually fairly empty and is damn beautiful because muh rockies and muh red rocks.
>>
>>17723712
CA is a meme. Oregon is better in literally every way.
>t. californian who moved away
>>
File: _SAW4638-Pano.jpg (2MB, 4000x1699px) Image search: [Google]
_SAW4638-Pano.jpg
2MB, 4000x1699px
The Dolomites in Northern Italy
>>
>>17722682
>have nice roads
>poorfag redneck locals driving slow in their beat to shit vehicles spewing exhaust fumes
shit sucks
>>
>>17723737
why is Oregon better than California? Serious question.

Elaborate more than >hurr spics, taxes etc
>>
>>17723903
>better road surfaces
>cheaper gas, by a considerable amount
>less population
>same coast
>less emissions regulation
>vapes brah
oregon was top tier.
>>
>>17724365
What about washington
>>
>>17724384
also good but you see the sun less. you can street register a 500cc 2t dirtbike in washington casually. That makes it pretty fucking neat in my book.
>>
>>17724365
Ha! Better road surfaces...

Maybe on the coast.
>>
>>17724393
>living in central oregon or central or eastern cali
delet urself

but roads near corvallis, suburbs of portland and most of the cascades where good. you just fail to underestimate how shitty californian roads are
>>
File: polk-i4-ax-100512.jpg (96KB, 676x450px) Image search: [Google]
polk-i4-ax-100512.jpg
96KB, 676x450px
Where is the worst place?
Florida?
>>
>>17723901
>not just going around them in the many straights with legal passing lanes
most of the time, in my experience anyways, they will pull over, or slow down, if you're in anything other than a shitbox or truck and let you by. The town I'm moving back to (lived there for 8 years before I was able to drive) has like 2500 people and most of them know that people go there for the driving experience and generally just like to not be in the way.

Now, somewhere outside of Nantahala I can't speak for. I can only imagine the asshats you get around the tourist trap locations like Deals Gap and Blue Ridge.
>>
Central California coast is probably as good as it gets, just gotta go at 6 AM before it gets touristy.
>>
>>17724391
Less sun sounds like a perk to me
>>
Southwest Virginia is pretty close, got a 40 mile stretch of windy mountain road that's completely dead at night just 10 minutes away from where I live
>>
>>17725665
Florida is the worse
Everything is flat and no turns, just a grid of roads and stoplights.
>>
>>17722682
e
>>
>>17726015
Not seeing the sun for 5/8 of a year fucking sucks.
>>
>>17726049
I can definitely see why, but I don't really mind things being cold and cloudy
>>
>>17726056
Cold is fine, but there's a reason Seattle has more suicide than anywhere else
>>
>>17722682
driving through the smokey mountains leading to Tennessee is one of my favorite driving moments ever
>>
File: outmap2.png (357KB, 1553x1202px) Image search: [Google]
outmap2.png
357KB, 1553x1202px
/thread
>>
I've never been to NC but I might have a chance to move to Greensboro for work. Are the roads really that great? Where I live is absolutely shit for fun driving so that may be a nice plus.
>>
>>17726110
>florida has a 4
Literally retarded
/stop
>>
>>17726110
How does /out/ relate to /o/?
>>
File: Dem swerves tho.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dem swerves tho.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17726121
The commutes between small towns are mostly where the fun is. Like between franklin and highlands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jGldmarDcU

Also the people up there aren't pieces of shit like in big cities and the outdoors are pretty cool too.

Overall it's a very patrician place to live
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.