[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: xr8.jpg (46KB, 650x404px) Image search: [Google]
xr8.jpg
46KB, 650x404px
Why aren't Australian fords sold internationally?
>4.0 litre turbo charged inline 6's
>5.4 litre v8's
>utes
and they come in all variants from cheap base models with the bare minimum to sports versions with better running gear/more power to luxury saloons that could easily compete with most euro cars in the same price range.

Surely there is a market for these cars no?
>>
>>17722630
They don't make them anymore and even if they did, a 10 year old design with an interior to match is hardly export worthy
>>
File: 13663_1.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
13663_1.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>>17722636
But why were they never sold internationally?
maybe it would have stopped them going bust.
I am sure the Americans at least would have appreciated cars like pic.
>>
>>17722630
Commodores are better
>>
>>17722646
They aren't sold internationally either are they?
though i guess, the pontiac g8, the chevy ss and all the HSV's getting around britain.
>>
>>17722630
>lhd conversion
>about zero demand
>need to equip them for different countries
>probably doesnt pass euro emission laws
>Ford US not wanting to see any non american Ford on american soil (until recently)
>>
>>17722630
Ford never designed the falcon to be exported so would have cost them more than it was worth to re engineer, re test for LHD and other laws/ regulations.

Ford australia had enough of their own problems without worrying about exports. They could have chucked a turbo diesel 4 in the front, shortened the overhangs, reduced weight; basically turned it into a long wheelbase medium car and they would have sold a bit better towards the end.
A 4L engine is too thirsty for most families
>>
>>17722630
I could see other countries that might be interested in them, but in the US a 4 door sports car isn't really something people want, outside of the STI that is.
>>
>>17722630

No such thing anymore anon, the Ford Falcon is dead.
>>
File: o8.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
o8.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>17722705
Don't they also do a natural gas version from the factory?
tell me about them, is it better, worse, benefits/negatives?
>>
Anybody else looking forward to the Aussie Ranger coming to the U.S.?
>>
>>17722865
>Don't they also do a natural gas version from the factory?
yes they do its called ecolpi

>is it better, worse, benefits/negatives?
its pretty good and lpg is cheaper/environmentally friendly and the car actually makes more power.

probably not too many negative to them honestly. for has mastered factory lpg for many years so i doubt it would be a bad system

the main problem is its still a big car and its still somewhat expensive to run, and isnt appealing to most buyers. It really represents the most standard australian middle class large family sedan. most people prefer smaller SUVs with economical 4cyl, as well as larger boot space and modern interiors.
>>
>>17722865
after owning 2 falcons, one with duel fuel, lpg+petrol, I'd say I prefer just straight petrol on the 4.0 6.
Lpg is cheaper at the pump, but my EF falcons lpg system was plagued with problems all the time. Cold starts were hard for it when on lpg and you cant fill up the tank on a 35C+ day because the gas would freeze in the tank. Not all fuel stations where i live have lpg either, also it doesn't make anywhere near the same power as petrol. I guess there is a reason lpg never really caught on
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.