[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Roads you would like to Joy ride on Pic is a highway on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: highway to heaven.jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
highway to heaven.jpg
29KB, 480x640px
ITT: Roads you would like to Joy ride on

Pic is a highway on I-80 in Wyoming, I just wanna dip in and out of lanes doing 100 and blasting music someday
>>
File: Sanfran_61_bg_032605.jpg (146KB, 768x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Sanfran_61_bg_032605.jpg
146KB, 768x1027px
other than this, ive always wanted to just go balls out fast around a downtown while being chased by cops, i know it would never turn out the way i think it would but movies like nightcrawler sure make me curious
>>
>>17720338
Been down Lumbard, it's pretty shit actually.
>>
File: i80_in_january.jpg (98KB, 641x427px) Image search: [Google]
i80_in_january.jpg
98KB, 641x427px
>>17720308
You should definitely try that - in January.
>>
>>17720308
Straightaways are fucking shit driving roads. all the highways on Pennsylvania and Utah, and you want to go in a straight line for 50 miles passing trucks?
>>
>>17720308

Since I sold my Miata for a Mustang I've been dying to find a long straight road I just just pull up to 145 on. Going around corners is no fun in this pig.
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>17720308
I-40 to flagstaff on a overcast day.
>>
File: images (40).jpg (15KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (40).jpg
15KB, 511x288px
>>17720308
I've always wanted to hoon on the Great Alpine Road, but I'm scared of black ice and yuppies are terrible drivers.
>>
File: greatoceanroad.jpg (41KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
greatoceanroad.jpg
41KB, 360x360px
I actually drove the Great Ocean Road in Victoria this time last year and it was unbelievably nice, like something I've never experienced, and that was in my old Liberty. Now I've got my Skyline I want to drive it again and hire out a hotel in Apollo Bay. Any of you ever go to Australia drive this road, it's brilliant, especially with all the elevation changes and twisty corners.

Also, anyone in north Melbourne, head over to the Yarra Valley some time and drive from a town called Yarra Glen to Healsville via Old Healsville Road. 100km the whole way and it's all alone the ridges of hills overlooking farms and bush.
>>
File: catfishcamaro.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
catfishcamaro.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
Drove from Utah to Illinois on I-80 once. Most boring drive of my life. Straight as hell and nothing to see.
>>
>>17720721
Great ocean is nice, but all the signs saying Australians drive on the left scare me. I've been as far as lorne, but I'd love to do the whole trip now that I have my bike licence.
I've been out to the yarra valley chocolaterie, which was a really good drive.
Have you been down to Gippsland? There are great roads out there with little traffic.
>>
>>17720721
Yeh I've never driven but ive a push bike and holygoddamm moly it was sooooo fun
>>
>>17720737
Haha nah those signs are just there as it's a big tourist spot. I've never heard of anyone actually pulling out into the wrong lane facing the wrong way.
Dude, do yourself a favour, take your driving car for some time off from work and head all the way down to Apollo Bay and beyond. The GoH only really becomes a masterpiece to drive at about Lorne so you're really missing out. Otway National Park is incredible as well, you can really see where they got the inspiration for the rainforests in Forza Horizon 3, it feels just like it but curvier and better.

Fuck I love the chocolate at that Chocolaterie but every time I drive past on a nice drive I slow right the fuck down. the amount of dumbcunts I've had pull out infront of my from within 30m in something like a Nissan Joke, with kids in the back, is ridiculous. Seriously, be careful if you're on a spirited drive. Oh, you also have to look out for that big pothole at the bottom of the hill about halfway through, first time driving that road I hit it and it sent a shock right up my arse.

If you want some great uphill/downhill as well head over to St Andrews and drive up the road to Kinglake. Fucking terrifying road but it's kind of amazing. The roads from Ferntree Gully up to Sassafras are the same. Less scary, but way more beautiful, and I love all the Mountain Ash gumtrees up there it's almost completely alien compared to the rest of Melbourne.
>>
>>17720730
I remember driving from Cali to Southern Texas, most boring drive fucking ever, felt physically sick after all the straight line roads.
>>
Michigan's M-22 in the autumn from Manistee to Traverse City and up to Mackinac.
>>
still want to do the iditarod Trail by motorcycle in the winter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.