[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister is looking for a compact diesel SUV. She prefers to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: '17_Honda_CR-V.jpg (226KB, 1920x1294px) Image search: [Google]
'17_Honda_CR-V.jpg
226KB, 1920x1294px
My sister is looking for a compact diesel SUV. She prefers to buy new. What should I recommend?
She's thinking of getting a Honda CR-V.
>>
wait for the cx5
>>
File: plonger.png (274KB, 474x582px) Image search: [Google]
plonger.png
274KB, 474x582px
>>17716992
New CR-Vs are pretty fucking dope. The only downside to them is that most ship with CVTs. The diesel is in fact the only model to still have a conventional automatic. I'd recommend she go for it anon. If she's solely looking for superior fuel economy I'd tell her to wait for the Hybrid. It's already on sale in China, but the rest of the world should get it by next year. They're a bit quicker than the diesel models.

If she's looking for a diesel the CX5 and BMW X3 are good alternatives as well. The X3 is about 20% more expensive but it's a much more fun car to drive, with better fit and finish and equitable fuel economy.
>>
>>17717063
>suggesting autotragic
>>
go for the honda, dont go for a bmw
2 extra mpg aint worth shit if it spends thousands of dollars extra in repairs because muh bmw
>>
>>17717063
What's the difference between CVTs and conventional automatics?

Should I prefer one over the other? I only know that the new Honda CRV has a 9 speed automatic.
>>
>>17717406
Cvt saves more gas because they have lower rpm averages overall and it always has the best gear ratio for any situation

Honda cvt are very reliable
>>
>>17717423
Aren't DCTs conserve the most gas?
>>
>>17717453
No a dct is like any other auto with gears. The gears may not always have the best ratio for a given situation. A cvt can take on any gear ratio
>>
>>17717406
cvts are noisy and they've started simulating gearshits to appease buyers which means they're inferior to normal autos.

you should just kill her because she wants a crossover.
>>
>>17717515
>you should just kill her because she wants a crossover.

What's wrong with crossover?

Diesel is cheaper here so they are more fuel efficient than small sedan cars.
>>
>>17717552
worse than a wagon and normal hatchback.
>>
>>17717564
>worse than a wagon and normal hatchback.

Care to explain

>cvts are noisy and they've started simulating gearshits to appease buyers which means they're inferior to normal autos.

Also this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.