[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open source tuning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-09-09_19-21-44.jpg (487KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-09_19-21-44.jpg
487KB, 1200x800px
I typically don't see a thread like this. Have any of you tried to tune your own vehicle? I saw there is a tactrix cable for the evo and I wanted to know how hard/long it would take to learn. I don't want to do a shit tune either, I mean fully understand what I'm doing. Thoughts?
>>
File: 2vry1jc.jpg (126KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
2vry1jc.jpg
126KB, 500x514px
>>17712977
Its possible.
I have used tactrix on a subaru, and have tuned vehicles running on megasquirt, ME221, caterpillar and delphi ecus.

You need to learn the basics of tuning, so AFR and ignition timing. VE tables, and MAF and MAP scaling, boost control and knock control/prevention.

Its not too difficult, but you need to know what you're doing ad why you're doing it before you start otherwise you'll quickly come unstuck.
>>
>>17713146
>learn the basics of tuning

How do I learn this? It's not like I can change timing parameters and run on a dyno constantly
>>
>>17713160
read a book nigga!
Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems by greg banish is pretty good
>>
>>17713160
Learn to tune by running your car on the streets sunshine.
>>
>>17713184
tuning on the road is sub optimal.
but it is cheap
>>
>>17713146
What are the immediate dangers when tuning other than bricking the ecu? It's not like overclocking a pc where a bsod will occur before any major damage. Would there be an exponential increase in knocking? If so, Would it already have been to late and thus I've fucked my engine?
>>
>>17713593
If you have no idea what you're doing, you could lean the thing out and literally blow up the engine.
>>
>>17713593
>What are the immediate dangers when tuning other than bricking the ecu?
Fucking the engine
>It's not like overclocking a pc where a bsod will occur before any major damage.
I don't know what any of that means
>Would there be an exponential increase in knocking? If so, Would it already have been to late and thus I've fucked my engine?
Yes and yes
>>
>>17713607
>>17713622

So I saw "Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems." Will that also help me determine how particular parts get tuned as well? Since everything post maf needs a tune, I don't entirely understand the logging process to figure out what I should be looking for.
>>
>>17712977

I custom tuned my jetta.

Raised idle speed, that's it.
>>
>>17713754
That's cool. I also raised my idle by 100. Everything else has been slow
>>
>>17713679
>how particular parts get tuned
what you mean?
its not a step by step guide and wont detail your engine, it more of a general overview.
you will have to research your specific application
>>
>>17713786
I don't mean my brand or part specifically so much as an explation of the components in general.

Ex. Tuning a full exhaust swap or someone just putting in a cai
>>
>>17713984
>Ex. Tuning a full exhaust swap or someone just putting in a cai
process is the same
>>
>>17713998
Maybe I'm just over complicating it because I'm a scared baby. I'll give the book a shot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.