[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sitting car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: U9TOGEB1 (1).jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
U9TOGEB1 (1).jpg
57KB, 640x480px
Hey guys, I just bought a 99 Camry that's been sitting the past year. What are some things I can do for a tune up or cleaning?
>>
>>17712727
By sitting you mean, occasionally turned on to get the oil flowing or just abandoned?

If first one check the other fluids, the ignition and suspension I guess.
>>
>>17712727
replace oil #1
check all rubber lines in engine bay for signs of cracking
check transmission fluid level, replace optional unless it looks dirty.

put some HEET in gas tank to dissolve any water that might have gotten into gas tank

I'd say that's about it
>>
>>17712727
I'd probably change the fuel lines and clean the injectors at that point. Maybe a new fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter.

New engine oil for sure.

New coolant. Thermostat. Water pump unless it's pretty new. Timing belt unless it's pretty new. Alternator and PS belts unless it's muh serpentine. Recharge the AC. Make sure the tires aren't dry rotting. Brake fluid flush.
>>
>>17712727
>buying a car that's been sitting
You dun goofed. Should've bought a better example.
>>
>>17712727

Replace fuel filter, change oil and oil filter, add a k&n air filter.

If there's an evap or emissions problem, get that sorted out so you can pass inspection. Some of that can be costly, for instance a new charcoal evap canister part costs around $200.
>>
Before you start it for the first time: Replace oil and filter, I recommend 0W40 Mobil1.
Remove spark plugs. Find fuel pump and ignition fuse and pull it. Repeatedly engage the starter, so that the engine cranks for 10sec or so without firing, after that wait a minute to allow the starter to cool down. Repeat 3-5 times. This gets the engine lubricated.
Now put fuses and spark plugs back, and start the engine.
This is better than starting it right away, as after a year of sitting not much oil will be left in the crucial areas and it always takes a bit of time after starting until the oil reaches every place where it is needed.
>>
>>17712806
OP didnt dun goof. Were talking about a toyota camry here.
It will be fine with some minor work that he can do himself, and because it has been sitting im sure OP got it alot cheaper than other ones AND its probably cleaner overall.

Youre a lazy idiot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.