[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake Wheels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1876.jpg (184KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1876.jpg
184KB, 720x960px
Hey /o/,
So I was looking at getting some wheels for my daily and I stumbled across these Rep Volk Rays Te37.

On the back is stamped with 'Made in Taiwan' so I'm sure they're fake.

Do you think these replicas are worth buying for under $1k?
>>
File: IMG_1863.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1863.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
OP here.

This is how they sit on my car.
(Bit of poke)
>>
>>17712436
>buying replicas for less than 1k when the originals are about 1,5k
>having your wheels bend when you hit a pothole
>>
Do you like the style enough to pay a grand for them?

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

also, reps get a bad rap but aren't the end of the world.
>>
>>17712447
They're actually $600ono to be exact.
But I see your point.
>>
>>17712447
>driving an automatic diesel pinto
>>
>>17712453
Definitely not,
I was going to low ball him as the exact amount he is after is $600ono.

But I'm just unsure if it's even worth the coin.
>>
>>17712436
Keep the stock ones faggot
>>
>>17712458
Replicas (depending on the quality) can be quite dangerous. It's not that hard for them to break under tension when the original counterpart would only bend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnP0ETkW0t0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJixxQeosQ
>>
>>17712458
There's so many better wheels you could buy, I paid $800 for legit GT-P's you just need to have patience and know where to look. Yahoo Japan has decent choices but if you're looking for wheels in the states or UK I'd hit up local classifieds. Lot's of scenefags sell their slightly used wheels after show season for reasonable prices too but a lot of them are in extremely aggressive fitment because of 'muh fitment'.
>>
>>17712466
Probably not worth it. Never had any experience with it personally but I've heard stories of cheap knockoffs bending, cracking, and even straight up breaking apart under performance strain.

1,500 all up is money better spent as opposed to 600 now and 2,000+ down the road for new brakes/suspension/etc.
>>
>2017
>Bolting pig iron wheels to your car

You are better off bolting steelies on.
>>
File: Fichier_000.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Fichier_000.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17712436
That's a lot for replicas. Don't

A friend of mine paid 350€ for these knockoffs.
>>
>>17712643
>>17712617
>>17712473

Cheers /o/,
I'll keep away from the reps and stay with the stock ones until I find the right ones.
>>
>>17712446
Mexiflush trash
>>
>>17712436
>Do you think these replicas are worth buying for under $1k?
The problem with the chinese market is that they do make good replicas. But what about the rim products that fail voil testing? Do they go out to the "B grade" market as do many other chinese products?
>>
>>17712436
I don't think I'd mess with replicas. They're gonna weigh so much... the entire idea of replacing the wheels boils down to weight conservation. If you're so interested in classic JDM style but also want reduced weight for cheap, why not just buy Rotas?

>inb4 bendy breaky rims meme
No they dont. Step away from 4ch and read actual racing forums
>>
>>17713315
>why not just buy Rotas
This is good advice. They look good, come in many styles, durable, and you can get them for ~$400-$700.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.