[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfag Subaru Liberty GT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: suba0876.jpg (49KB, 555x372px) Image search: [Google]
suba0876.jpg
49KB, 555x372px
I'm looking to get a 4Gen Liberty GT.
They're super cheap in Aus, turbo EJ20/25, understated and quick.
What's /o/'s thoughts on it, as I'm still undecided. If anyone's got any other suggestions let me know.

Don't want a Rexy as it's just a cop magnet and being in the nanny state of NSW I really can't be fucked getting pulled over every time I drive.
>>
i dont see the problem? insurance?
what are you asking?
>>
>>17712156
Subarus are shit with no redeeming features. Just get a v6 Accord.
>>
>>17712156
They use a lot of fuel, even by Subaru standards. Apart from that they're supposed to be pretty good. If the police are that bad you might end up never using the performance of the car without getting into trouble, I don't really know because I'm not Australian.
>>
>>17712156
Ausfag here, okay, so I've owned my '08 Liberty for three years now 2.5l is nowhere near as bad with fuel as people say. Yeah it uses a lot of fuel by 4cyl standards, but it's still tiny compared to what you'd use if you got an older Falcon or Commodore. Leather seats and steering wheel are amazing to sit in and in general the trim makes it feel much more FAWNCEH than what you're actually driving. Symmetrical AWD is great overall and make you feel a lot safer in the wet. It's also a very invisible car, for better or for worse, and nobody will ever challenge you at stoplights.

Last little thing I'd mention is maybe spring for an aftermarket stereo, as up to '09 I think the Liberty didn't have bluetooth or a proper USB or Aux input, which can really shit on your day if you don't have six CDs to put in it.

Overall though I really enjoyed mine and it's a brilliant everyday driver. Now I've got a '96 R33 GTST because I just loooooove being pulled over.
>>
>>17712156
>>17712193
This anon is right. There's no reason to get a Subaru when every other manufacturer have better alternatives.
>>
>>17712177
Was asking for thoughts on it, alternatives, anything particularly bad with them.
>>17712237
Yeah. If the car overall is great I'll put up with petrol costs. And nah, police are only that bad when you're driving a WRX/Skyline/Supra etc. At least in my experience, lol.
>>17712326
Thanks for a genuine response man. Sounds good about fuel, I'm not too fussed on that. Trim was another deciding factor for me, I love the interior of the Liberties. The best part about it is exactly what you said - it's a stealth car, honestly. Nobody expects it to be quick or anything.
How's the driving experience?
>>17712331
>better alternatives
Such as? I did say in the OP I'm looking for other suggestions. I think for the price point though, around 8000AUD, it's a great choice.
>>
>>17712405
Man, everyone giving you smart arse responses tonight dude.

Driving experience is pretty much what you should expect from a semi modern Liberty. Smooth, comfortable suspension, super quiet inside. Downsides are definitely the steering being by wire. On the upside of that it makes it a super easy daily driver with such light steering, but if you're looking for something with more roadfeel through the steering wheel then you can look elsewhere. It also doesn't have phenomenal spacial awareness, but that's pretty much all modern cars so you know what you're getting into.

As alternatives go, you could look for a nice Focus or Fiesta if you're not fussed with FWD. I've not tried the more powerful models, but my girlfriend has an '04 Fiesta and its the most fun, happiest little motor I've ever driven. The 1.4L 4cyl is just so happy to Rev all day it's honestly at times more fun than my Skyline. The cabin isn't the most amazing thing in the world but I only tried the base model.

If you want something specifically AWD maybe look at a Subaru Forrester, or an Audience of some description. I'm not into Audis so I couldn't recommend one for you.

If you'd like RWD try finding an older Beamer. My brother has had an '03 330ci for several years now and it's fantastic to drive. Smooth NA I6, great interior, and a great drivers car too.

Obv I'll avoid talking Ford or Holden since you're clearly not looking for a Boganmobile but they are on the table as well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.