[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chevy 283 Engine rebuild video help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have a 283 in my 67 impala and im looking to pull it and clean it up but cant find a rebuild video and i would greatly appreciate one if anyone can find one.
>>
It's just another Chevy smallblock, so any Chevy smallblock rebuild tutorial should work, right?
>>
>>17712180
ya think? i don't want to mess this up because this will be my first engine rebuild:)
>>
>>17712144
you probably should go to the library then, books have a lot more reference and tips than a video
>>
>>17712195
Thank you for the advice :) do you recommend any books?
>>
caponeauto has a great 4-hour video on YouTube where he rebuilds an SBC. Don't watch if easily offended.
>>
>>17712320
link?
>>
>>17712188
You picked a great place to start, Chevy smallblocks are super common and simple, and every square inch of each variant has been thoroughly documented.
>>
>>17712144
There's a Youtube channel called Jafromobile. It's not a Chevy engine, but he goes through the entire process of completely rebuilding and remachining an engine with excruciating detail. Even if it doesn't show you exactly what you need to know, it's a great place to get some very valuable core knowledge.
>>
>>17712144

If you go to any local car club meets, ask around if anyone does engine rebuilds. A lot of old guys have done it several times and are retired with nothing to do. They'll stand by and guide you through things for a cheap price and recommend what parts to use so long as you're doing most of the work.
>>
Here's a fun idea: acquire 327 block, put 283 crank and rods in 327, put in hot cam and stiffer valve springs and build an 8000RPM screamer.
>>
>>17712476
>283 crank
Not necessary. Small journal 327s came with forged cranks.
>>
>>17712556
Muh DZ302 homage though.
>>
>>17712562
>DZ302 homage
It's your wallet, and you're leaving horsepower on the table.
>>
>>17712562
The 5-liter limit was political not technical.
>>
>>17712476
Chevy 302s are torqueless wonders. I wouldn't bother in a car that size.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.