[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

deliveroo, uberEATS etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Anyone on here worked on these services before? What are your thoughts?
>be me
>need to cover about $300 a week at odd hours
>already have motorcycle

Obviously they will try to sell you the most glossy image possible, and there are plenty of shills because of their referral program. But how would this gig stack up to, say, a job at a local pizza joint?
>>
Its an infamously shit job; at least in Ireland there's been some controversy when they changed the contracts from a regular wage based system to payment per delivery system; most of the time you're doing nothing and might not get paid at all on any one day. I see groups of those guys just sitting around looking at their phones, its all they seem to do.
>>
>>17711905
I've been doing UberEats for about 2 weeks. Thinking about trying out Postmates this week during the slow days just to have my options open. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

I don't drive a motorcycle but I imagine you already have the cargo thing figured out. Not being able to carry two big bags of food with a couple of drinks will mean you might have to cancel an order after taking it which will make you look bad so watch out for that. Obviously the chance of you being in accident will increase if you're driving hours per day in traffic heavy/residential areas while minding your GPS. You'll be saving a lot on gas though so that's a major plus. That's basically my only expense. I wouldn't recommend this job if you're not in an area with lots of trendy eateries/malls and such. If you enjoy driving you'll like this job. I find it incredibly relaxing to barely have to deal with people and just basically cruise and listen to music for a few hours and start/stop/stay home whenever I feel like it. Just know that if you want to make more than minimum wage you will have to be out 5pm-9pm on the weekends since that is when your $/hr will be highest. Normal days I make about $15 average after gas but on weekends that can go as high as $25 once you learn to be efficient. I was considering a pizza job and decided to try this in the mean time to see if enjoyed delivery. That's the great thing about this job. You can go ahead and just try it. If you don't like it after your first delivery just go home and never do it again.

>>17711915
I have no idea on how this system here (I'm assuming deliveroo) but yeah Uber Eats is based on each delivery. I've never had to wait since I mostly just go out during dinner and lunch.
>>
>>17712179
to add

>I should have said ***wait very long instead of never having to wait. I usually get a new order in under 10 minutes since I know where to go and how to best take advantage of whatever area I'm in
>you will technically be self employed so keeping receipts of your expenses will be a must so you don't get fucked come tax time
>when compared to a pizza job you will likely make less per hour due to tips but will have more freedom over when you work i suppose
>>
>>17712179
>>17712203
Thanks eatbro. I hear indirect references to deliveroo riders working shifts? And meeting at fixed points? But that might just be that service, and bicycle specific.

I already have a business as a tutor so I need a flexible job that I can do inbetween bookings so that sounds perfect to me.

Does weather/other externalities affect how busy it is? I'd imagine cold, wet nights would be busiest, no?
>>
>>17712212
No problem. I'm in california so I don't believe we have deliveroo here. I was going to try this competing service called DoorDash though which was similar. I dropped it when I realized they wanted me to schedule only a couple of hours a week in advance. That's likely what deliveroo is like I'm guessing and how those guys were sitting around according to that other anon. I very much like the freedom of UberEats or Postmates. It very much works around your schedule though again you really want to be available during the most profitable hours. You can make slightly over minimum wage pretty much any time though so the opportunity is always there though you should make the most out of it is what I'm trying to say.

> I'd imagine cold, wet nights would be busiest, no?
Yes. The app even tells you that actually. I haven't really experienced that in practice though since it's california.
>>
>>17712251
Just to be clear with the numbers I'm throwing out. To be clear though this is in southern california.
>3 am to 10 am: $11/hr
>11 am to 5pm: $14/hr
>5 pm to 10pm: $17/hr
>10 pm to 3am: $14/hr
This is about what I expect to make working at a given time. Add a few more bucks if it's the weekend. Sometimes you'll make more due to tips though I have yet to really start working for them (I'm going to start sending semi personalized texts when I pick up their food. I heard this really helps with the tips).
>>
Why don't you get an actual job?
>>
File: 20170320_114008.jpg (4MB, 2741x1952px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_114008.jpg
4MB, 2741x1952px
>>17711905
I've done postmatws on my haiku, it's cool because the app asks what vehicle you will be using and gives you orders based on that. On my bike I would get smaller orders and orders with no drinks, and in my car I would get bigger orders and things like pizzas, as well as drinks. I did this for a couple of weeks in Sacramento, and it was decent money for hours worked. Made mad tipz since my delivery times were always way ahead of schedule(thanks to lanesplitting). Use a back pack and a topbox, rack, or strap a milk crate to your bike and bring bungies to secure loads. You'd be surprised at how much you can carry m8. Ask any questions, pic of my bb
>>
>>17711905

Before you do it, double check with your insurance that you don't need any additional insurance on your car. I know that if you drive for regular Uber or Lyft, if you're ever in an accident when NOT carrying passengers your insurance will not cover it, because you've been using your personal car to transport paying passengers.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.