[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I want to start an automotive blog. Or rather, I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Cars - 1308107787282.jpg (560KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cars - 1308107787282.jpg
560KB, 2400x1600px
Hi /o/,

I want to start an automotive blog. Or rather, I already have a bit ago and am looking for advice from experienced video bloggers.

As of now, the blog basically reposts news from mainstream media sources. Sometimes I make comments, but I intend to do some more in-depth posting once I get access to vehicles and parts. I know this can take time and hard work, but what I need to know is how to do this? Cold calling places has resulted in exactly zero gain of vehicles and parts. I'm pretty much the only friend in my group into cars, so I can't hit them up. I've joined TONS of local groups but so far nobody has committed to even showing up for a brief interview/photo shoot (I mean they get a free photo shoot. Why not show up?!). And I can't get any sponsorship or advertising commitment. I understand it is because I have no established following, yet. But how do I get the momentum going? I'm looking for experienced advice on how to officially get moving forward.

Right now I have a facebook account, a DriveTribe account, and a youtube account. I have a few questions.

How do you profit from facebook? Do they use adsense and affiliate links? How do you set all that up? I googled it and got a lot of really bad information that got me nowhere. Do you have experience with this?
How do you profit from youtube? I have an adsense account set up, but nothing going yet. Can I get general advice here? Pro tips?
Does paying facebook for "views" and "placing your ad in front of eyes" work? Is it worth it?
What would you recommend to focus on to achieve the goals below?
>>
File: Cars - 1331958639651.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cars - 1331958639651.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>17711278
My goals are simple.
1. Establish a following of 25k a month.
2. Make my way to $2000 a month in profits.
3. Re-invest the money gained in OC content, likely locally to start, and trips eventually. I'd like to start working on an actual show I would like to produce/direct.
4. Work my way to $10k a month in profit and whatever it may take to achieve this goal. I know this is more wishful thinking, but I hear so many success stories but nobody ever says how they got there. I can't help but feel like they were spoon fed their success. But again, I'm inexperienced, so I very well could be missing something.

I am new to this, but not to cars or filming. Just looking at getting the momentum going so I can come out with some great content that I have yet to see on any blog or car show so far. Can I get some advice?
>>
File: 1498065719387.png (291KB, 506x379px) Image search: [Google]
1498065719387.png
291KB, 506x379px
give up while you're ahead

you have no clue how hard it is to make a living off of automotive journalism/blogging. do something more reasonable and productive with your time
>>
File: Thumbs Up.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>17711450
Nah, I enjoy it. So I will keep at it. Feel free to leave some real advice, though.
>>
bumping for some experienced input
>>
>>17711278
What to focus on?
Be different. Bring something else to the table. Something that no other blogger before you have.
How will you set yourself apart? This is the only reason Regular Car Reviews became a hit. They went a wildly different direction to all others and hit a funny (at least at the time) untapped niche.
>>
File: Caris - Miata.jpg (97KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Caris - Miata.jpg
97KB, 800x1035px
>>17711778
Yea, the shows I have planned are definitely different, but I don't have the financial backing to do it just yet. If I could establish myself first with some followers who like my blog for simplicity and centralized information, then that is definitely an advantage I have over other blogs.

If you know how to start a show and get financial backing FIRST, I am all ears. I would absolutely love to get started. It is funny, involves travel, and a wide variety of cars.
>>
>>17711278
>a DriveTribe account,

lol. Anyway /o/ isn't the place you should be asking all these questions.Try asking i dunno people who actually run these type of blogs.

its very hard to make money from youtube btw.

Focus on writing if anything.
>>
>>17713781
I understand it is difficult, and youtube wouldn't be my only income if I understand the process correctly. My desire is to build into basically a successful network with more content than what you see on most sites and channels right now. As I mentioned before, my show ideas are much different than what is out there (at least from what I've seen, and I've seen a lot) so I think I may have a chance, if only I can get that initial momentum going.
>>
op is a retard lmao
>>
Post nudes and I'll get Ford to sponsee ur bullshit I'm actually Henry fords dad.
>>
>>17714230
you should listen the smoking tire podcasts.

Matt Farah goes into it sometimes how automotive related shows just don't make money.

Shits expensive.

Look what happen to /Drive when they started charging a measly 4 bucks a month for their videos.

Shit I hope you know the dude who runs Petrolicious isn't making any profit off of that, hes just some rich fuck who made his money in the tech industry and decided to get into making videos about cars and their shit is top tier quality.
>>
>>17715140
Yea, he's a cool dude irl. I actually worked for him for a brief stint when he was in Vegas. Got to watch him go around in a BMW painted like a fighter jet and a Porche. Can't remember what was special about the Porche, though.

Alright, I'll have to rethink my strategies then. Thanks for the useful comments.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.