[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

low mileage, old car? or high mileage, new car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: h m m.png (11KB, 470x454px) Image search: [Google]
h m m.png
11KB, 470x454px
low mileage, old car?
or
high mileage, new car?
>>
>>17710918
Was talking about this with someone today. It isn't that easy... realistically a well maintained old car with high mileage is better than a poorly maintained new car with low mileage. All comes down to the treatment.

Also, important to determine the car. A Miata with 120k miles and a Mustang GT with 120k miles are going to be completely different stories, even if both maintained the same.
>>
>>17710918
DESU if a high millage newcar was properly maintined, much better than an old car time bomb.

Now if the new car was beat into the ground, you'll have to pay new car prices to get the thing repaired. At least with an old car, parts, (which may be hard to find) at least will be cheaper.
>>
>>17710918

Low mileage old car. Less can go wrong than with a much more complicated modern car with lots of miles. If something does go wrong, it's simpler to work on, with cheaper parts.
>>
Depends on the car. If the old car is something that I know is easily repairable when something goes wrong, hell yeah I'll take the low mileage old car if I know I can spend a weekend replacing some worn rubber lines and be set for years.

Is the engine bay filled with 40 year old vacuum lines and biodegradable wiring? Fuck that shit.
>>
Depends on the owner..

Newer cars have a lot of bullshit worked out so stuff tends to break from abuse or neglect less, as opposed to "every single one of these will break in this way over and over again".
>>
File: diy-car-repair-2000.jpg (162KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
diy-car-repair-2000.jpg
162KB, 2000x1333px
>>17710918

the one that was maintained properly.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.