[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3v fag here, my 3v has about 285k miles on it and im DDing it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (848KB, 896x466px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
848KB, 896x466px
3v fag here,
my 3v has about 285k miles on it and im DDing it. Buying a truck by the end of this year, and wanting to track the mustang, I dont want to do anything else to the mustang's engine to the the miles, not even a rebuild. ALL of my friends are telling me to trough a LS or a Coyote in it. I want to keep everything below 5k. Im thinking about picking up a 2.3t ecoboost and ECU, and roll cage. everything said and done should be around 4-4.5k. is this a dumb idea?
>>
>>17709740

yes.
>>
File: 20170812_125704.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_125704.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Yes. If anything just throw a low mileage 3v in it from a junkyard, add a couple bolt on mods and call it a day. Anything else will soar above 5k quickly if you arent careful.
>>
>>17709740

http://accurateengines.com/remanufactured-engines/ford/5-4-liter-ford-4-valve-engine/

don't know how complicated this swap would be or if it's the same 4v as the gt500 (except N/A)
>>
Have it dyno'd and see how much power it's really lost. Might not even be that bad. The $5k would be better spent on suspension and tires for tracking.
>>
>>17711160
this, dyno tune the motor, and spend the rest on other shit
>>
>>17711157
this desu.

The mod motors are cheap af nowadays, the Teksid blocks are great and reasonably plentiful when you know where to look, plus take boost like a whore. Supercharger kit or a basic smaller turbo setup will give you plenty of power to beat on it.

I don't think I'd put a 2.3 in it just because your money won't cover the 2.3 plus the mods to make it quicker. I think the 2.3s need an intercooler upgrade pretty quickly, plus if youre going to do that you damn near may as well big turbo + big intercooler and then re-tune. slippery slope kinda thing, adds up quick.
>>
Your not going to be able to use the modulator block for a track car.

Its heavy and not the easiest to work on. Even Changing spark plugs is a pain if the ceramic snaps off. Then your probably going to be removing the head to get the seized spark plug out unless you buy the specialty snap on tool for this particular removal. If you have the head out you might as well grade the valvetrain.
>>
File: 5.4 Swap.jpg (51KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.4 Swap.jpg
51KB, 405x720px
>>17711154
Seen a guy do it for 1500, you can find 5.4l dohc's out of early 2000 Lincoln navigators. Going to be doing the swap on my 97 GT next summer. I heard the torque is godly, but unless you get cams and forged internals, revving past 6200 is a bad idea on the navi motors.

Pic related, guy who did it for $1500. He used a 5.0 coyote intake in order to keep his hood.
>>
>>17711154
Oh and as far as complication goes, if the car used a 4.6 block then it will literally bolt straight in. Harness is also reusable as well, at least the 2v harness. Only difficult parts seem to be fabricating an intake and coolant lines.
>>
File: 1499638717411.png (2MB, 778x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1499638717411.png
2MB, 778x1181px
Thanks for the feedback everyone,
The 2.3 ecoboost i can pick up for around 2k and the control pack from ford, or just do the wiring myself for about. I can up a roll cage in it for less then 200$ (6point) I own a shop. the main problem with keeping the 3v thats in it, is it has 286000+ miles, one a single engine. about 3k miles ago, i took the 2.2l paxton PC off of it, because i was getting 8 miles to the gallon and it became my DD. right now after the PC is off and running on a 93oct turn its putting down 283whp, and 312fpt. Its stock everything right now, and its going to grenade almost any week now due to the bottom end. The reason i want to go with the ecoboost is the power to weight ratio. I can go way past 5k all day if I wanted but I dont want to spend that much fucking money on a s197. I have Eibach coilovers, but have not put them on due to living out in the country and dont want to bottom out everyday. When I get a new DD I will put them on. (1/cont)
>>
>>17712363
(2/cont)
The other option I have right now is buying a barra turbo from Australia. again I can buy one have have it shipped to my shop for under 3k but the install would be a epic fucking ass pounding. I want this to be a track/street car, not a drag car. I can spin the ass end out right now to get around a corner, but I rather lose 300lbs off the nose and be able to hit a apex.
>>
>>17709740
OK, you're spending wayyyy too much money on an engine swap when you have a working engine in it. Upgrade the cooling system and install additional heat exchangers like for the oil, invest in quality new rotors, EBC or whatever pads, stainless braided brake hoses, good tires, and suspension tuning. Worry about the engine shit if/when it blows.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.