[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do street racing legends really exist? ever heard of any car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 28

Do street racing legends really exist? ever heard of any car in your area, spirit driving at nights?
>>
>>17708642
There is someone in my town that leaves kilometer+ long skids everywhere.
never actually seen him doing one though.
>>
>>17708652
have you asked around? anyone else noticed/payed attention to skid marks?
>>
>>17708642
Fuck no, I'm one of the few people who enjoys pushing their shitbox to the limit on the mountain pass here instead of modding a car to hell and then racing in a straightline.

This place fucking sucks.
>>
>>17708677
I don't like what others do for fun !!!!
>>
>>17708642
calvin wan is a legend because his fd doesn't run anymore
>>
>>17708642
I have, it's called Jo Tech.

Pretty much anyone who lives in the DFW area knows them.
>>
We have a rwdcivic that's pretty quick around here
>>
some retard skidding around corners in a Corsa van until he skidded into a car.. in front of a bar filled with drunk Spaniards
saw him getting beat the shit out of him, was fun would watch again
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (86KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
86KB, 500x374px
>>17708642
Here in Spain there are lots of lowlifes racing every night almost everywhere. The bad thing is that they are really aggressive people who are into drugs and shit too, most of them are not friendly racers, basically they are IRL bandits. We call them Canis.
>>
>>17709138
kek that image is golden
>>
People don't hardly race around here, except maybe bikers. It was pretty disappointing to find out after getting into cars.
>>
>>17708642
I read an anon here became a small-time legend at his highschool by racing the canyons after getting cucked on prom night by his friend, but that's just underage shenanigans.
>>
There's a local legend that there's a ghost of someone who crashed a turbo MR2 on the Valley Pass here. It's bullshit but people say they were chasing a yellow SW20 and all of a sudden the taillights just disappeared into thin air and the car was gone.
>>
I live in Dallas and previously lived in Houston. There are so many legendary cars down here it's insane.

My personal favorite, however, was the West Texas Farm Truck that was supposedly a twin turbo 383 stroker that would blitz I-20 at 200mph.
>>
>>17709138
What's the image say?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>17709138
Same shit here in Chile, with our local equivalent of canis (flaites). They rice whatever cheap car they can get in their grubby hands, mostly Korean shtiboxes or old Japanese economy cars, always riced with fart cans and wings, almost none of them has mods but if they do is dumb shit like cut springs or electric superchargers. They're have no concept of good sportsmanship and will get pissy and insult you if you beat them. If I street race someone is usually Renault Sport or Opel OPC guys, they're mostly humble car enthusiast, sometimes you race BWM guys and they get pissy too.
>>
>>17710804
2spoopy
>>
>>17709138
>>17709149

Joder, this sucks. Why can't we have Initial D like groups of nice and cool racers trying to compete to be the best?
>>
File: 1371013879356.gif (498KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1371013879356.gif
498KB, 500x282px
>>17710804
This post spooked my guts off
>>
File: IMG_5087.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5087.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I personally know the guy who makes builds that have never beaten in the area. He makes one every year and sells it when he's done. He has wealthy clients who have him do all sorts of performance upgrades.

Pic is his own most recent build.
>>
File: domingo048.jpg (110KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
domingo048.jpg
110KB, 800x534px
Here in Hueland only in Dragstrips.

"Flash's Caravan" is one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKhU4PbcSvw
>>
>>17708642
Seems like I'm the only one in my town that regularly drives like a mad man. There's been a couple people driving through that have done hektik skidz as well though.
>>
>>17708675
Small town so everyone in town has noticed them and talks about them.
>>
There is a guy in an orange 350z with the most obnoxious muffler delete you can think of. He's not really a legend for his racing skills, but you can hear his damn rice bucket from a mile away and he really likes to keep it revved up. He always follows the same route on the freeway looking for people to race.
>>
guy driving a imported holden slid through the resident parking of my place as I was trying to take out the garbage, almost hit me. Different guy from the same group totaled his gen 3 rx7 trying to hit a corner too fast. None here but many HOON BRAH types. Lot of stance racerbois loiter at this new boba place near me.
>>
I actually live near a mountain pass outside LA and there are people who go up there to drift. I don't think anyone really races, they just go up there for shits and giggles late at night and early in the morning.
>>
>>17708642
some guy on here said he and some guys run the sea to sky at night, but never heard of him, and road is usually super cop infested anyways

I usually just drive cypress bowl
>>
>>17708642
No.

I guess I'm the legendary driver, driving down winding roads at 60+ mph in my Honda Accord without braking.
>>
not that I know of, but then again the illegal racing scene here is somewhat different than other places
>>
>>17710857
It's because of race
Latin ppl have HUUGE egos and are very prideful ppl in general

Japanese ppl are usually fairly humble and have a fairly small ego at least when it isn't STEM subjects, then they're fucking dickholes with superiority complexes
>>
>>17708642
Ausfag here, I find it so weird that I have a friend that most people know of in my area just by his car. He works pizza delivery in a red MR2 SW20 and every one of my coworkers has seen him at least a few times while driving to or from my work at a liquor store. My car-interested co-workers have tested him a few times but he's a genuinely good driver and doesn't do anything moronic. One guy at work tried to overtake him in his XR6 one time down and MR2-guy let him pass, but when XR6-guy tried to leave him behind he stuck to him like shit all the way back to the pizza shop.
>>
>>17709138
>the bad thing is that they are really aggressive people who are into drugs and shit too,

this is the reality of the street. people who street race by the very definition have a rather... facile relationship with the law, and that just means the pool of people you will associate with are other types with similar relationships to lawfulness.
>>
Not really.
Car culture isn't really a thing here.
>>
>>17708642
Not a racing legend, but there's a black Challenger that delivers for Domino's in my hometown that speeds like a madman, cuts people off and runs literally every stop sign. I don't think anything has been done about them. I've thought about ordering a pizza and hoping that guy shows up but I don't want to reward that behavior.
>>
>>17708642
Issue is if you're known as anything near that type of character, the police will be very familiar with you.
>>
>>17709138
No se en el resto de España pero aquí en Catalunya la gente es relativamente amistosa en estos temas, siempre hay el típico pargela encocado pero por lo demás la gente es bastante amable mientras no te pases, no sabia que había tan mal rollo
>>
>>17711824
Not a problem when you live in the south and even the cops drive like madmen :^)
>>
>>17711820
Haha not him but no wonder why people give me so much money

I drive legally besides speeding, though. Never gotten a ticket
>>
I mean, there's me
>>
File: 1487042793910.jpg (109KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487042793910.jpg
109KB, 1080x720px
Just me.
>>
>>17711474
know any other nice twisty roads? i'd like to explore a few more since I know very few.
>>
File: 20170613_202223.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_202223.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>17711474

That was probably me, I love the Sea To Sky and Cypress too.

I sold my 86 for a 2ZZ swapped MR2 so I'd love to go to Cypress again.
>>
File: 20170704_103118.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170704_103118.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>17712133

Indian River Drive. There are also so beautiful backroads on your way to Kelowna as Well.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Not much of a street racer, but there is a guy in Bucharest who owns a service shop. He has twin-turbo GT-Rs, Aventador SV, X6M, Hurracans, RS6. He is pretty known.

Oh and an obnoxious gypsy boipucci who owns a shitty wheel brand no one buys who somehow bought a C63S and a Hurracan, he goes by the name of Zed
>>
File: 1502328904518.png (581KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502328904518.png
581KB, 1280x720px
>>17708642
>daily drive a track prepped 944 with no cats/massive exhaust installed by the previous owner to work at 6:00am every day
>go down a few twisties on the way to and usually have a bit of fun
>mfw at a local pub and overhear people complaining about a loud, speeding red car that moves too quickly for them to read the rear plate
>mfw they say they want to install a camera to catch his plate and report him
>>
>>17712305
Isn't drag racing illegal in yurop?
>>
>>17712305
>gyppos
>buying stuff
I'll take "shit that never happened" for 500, Alex
>>
>>17710850

It's showing you how to identify a ''cani' (Low IQ street ''racer'') by the stickers in the car, mods, clothing and personal looks. It's surprisingly accurate.
>>
>>17712343
Become a real touge ghost, anon!
>>
File: 20170615_190843.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_190843.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
touge ghost
>>
File: Akio's_Second_Car_(Devil_Z).jpg (19KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
Akio's_Second_Car_(Devil_Z).jpg
19KB, 704x400px
>>17708642
how about cursed cars?
>>
>>17712173
Okay so I'm assuming this is in the US, so what sort of things do you need to look out for at night in these sorts of areas? It looks like a dream drive for me but I live in Aus and night driving at any sort of real pace is pretty off limits unless you're in suburbs. Fuckin' kangaroos and wombats will wreck most cars and your night.
>>
>>17711868

Yo vivo en la region de Tarragona y he visto muchos canis racerbois de esos que no saben como perder. Seguro que por el Barcelones tiene que ser mejor el tema.
>>
>>17712461
it was never cursed, watching the show explained that the car was just unstable at high speed because it was too powerful for its chassis

also i felt plain stupid when the show tried to explain me the magic behind this car was a 1mm longer crankshaft stroke
>>
>>17712521
Nah, this is on the west side of Canada.

Just don't go so fast and don't get carried away, bring a phone, spare, ect.
>>
>>17709047
I live in DFW but have never heard of Jo Tech, what are they like a team or something?
>>
File: 1501219273546.jpg (19KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501219273546.jpg
19KB, 400x500px
>>17712343
I hope you don't complain when they actually catch you. People like you are why people hate car guys.
>>
If dubs OP gets a trip

He will save this board
>>
>>17712587
Its fucking stupid overall

>"THE CAR IS BETTER CUZ MUH DRY CLUTCH!"
>"THE CAR IS BETTER CUZ MUH OFFSET CRANK!"
>"THE CAR HAS A SERIOUS ENGINE BUT THE BODY AND SUSPENSION IS STOCK!"

All of the issues would be rectified if a rollcage, some security measures, and light aero shit was installed to add just enough downforce. Maybe reduce the ride height more.

And on top of that the show makes the car look like some kind of beast. Its still a carbed twin turbo, its still single over head cam. If it made about 700 hp out of that imagine what a custom made DOHC multipoint fuel injected with variable timing and lift and single turbo can do
>>
>>17712680
When was the clutch referenced? I also don't remember the suspension being specified as stock either. I believe it had a half decent cage setup too
>>
>>17712680
Also wasn't the ABR 280ZX also a SOHC albeit fuel injected? I think it was only making around 680hp at its peak with much better hardware to work with than the car in the show.
>>
>>17712737
I dont remember the cage. But i saw nothing alike bucket seats or so.

Modified suspension wasn't mentioned nor denied, but even in the mods page for the wiki and official sources its not mentioned.

I cant remember WHEN was the clutch mentioned but i do recall it being in the show.

>>17712749
Yes. the 280 is fuel injected. That being said, the car in the show is a 240, not a 280.

>making almost 700 with lesser hardware

Yes. That IS impressive. However the car is supposed to be this master god machine that beats better cars because "Its cursed".

That's bullshit. It worked in initial D because takumi was an actual good driver at taking turns. This doesn't work here because they are up-playing the part of the car as being magical and because it doesn't take much effort to control a car at the straightest highway in the world.
>>
>>17712737
At some point he has the clutch changed and someone teells him he could upgrade it IIRC, but he refuses,
>>
In my city, there was a black, 1989 Turbo Dodge Caravan known for annihilating Mustangs and riced Civics from stoplights and for blowing by the police station at 100+ MPH at night.

It was me, and I miss that car.
>>
Funny that you would post this thread now. I was just thinking about forming a sekrit mid night racer club here in my small ass town.
>>
>>17712915
how do
>>
>>17712915
It's hard to do because most people who go to car meets are just HIGHWAY PULLS BRO idiots. In my city there's no place to race aside from on the highway or just from stoplights, and most good roads are usually crawling with police.
I'd love to.
>>
>>17712602
So what you are saying is you don't go to any meets, any shows, or any events at Texas Motorplex, TMS or ECR.

So you don't have an interest in motorsports or cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0B36ij2D4
>>
>>17708677
you know its possible to modify your car and push it to the limit on the mountain pass as well right?

well maybe not your car in particular but you know what i mean
>>
When I had my mustang I would always come across this duramax diesel that would walk my poor 3 valve. I would see him and give him the flyby and he would run me down until 145 when I would bitch out and move out of his way. The sound this thing would make... I'll never forget it. A hellish scream that sounded like a jet engine that you could hear a half mile away. I've seen a few time since but I don't have anything fast enough to spar with the master.
>>
>>17708642
there use to be a boosted 106 that would beat everyone around at my local street race circuit, he was pretty mad. it is 2 lanes wide and he would thread the needle between 2 people racing
>>
>>17712650
>Subaru goes by my old bus stop
>50 year old soccer mom used to come out screaming and clutching her iphone trying to call the cops
Dude was so far under 95db it wasn't even funny. For the most part people that hate car guys are busybody HOA type ass clowns with no good reason and too much time on their neighborhood nazi hands.
The actually dangerous or the actually loud are a tiny minority most people never even see.
>>
I'm not saying I'm good or bad but I'm whatever but I was leaving a friends house in idyllwild and a aw11 zooms by and passes me and I keep up on straights and I'm laughing because I thought it was some speedy-speed boy but as soon as he started to hit corners and some hard curves he made the car go around them like it was nothing and the car was moving around them what to my eye seem unreal and I lost him. It was getting close to dark during winter and I was in my turbocharged 240sx. I hit the closest gas station there was the same mother fucker just standing outside his his car drinking soda and eating with a lit cigarette in his hand and I stop by him to refuel and say he's a mad man for driving like that but to my curiosity I ask him what he has done to the car to run like that and he told me it was completely stock I asked if can look and he says sure because I was in disbelief so look at the engine and shocks and he was right completely stock. When I was done I just told him you're pretty good and he said thanks and I walked away. This was 3 years ago and I have yet to see a red black bumpered mr2 with a dent on the back right side with bondo on the dent
>>
>>17713524
Must''v been delivering tofu.
>>
>>17710857
>>17711521
I think it's because people who race illegally in the first place are criminal scum that don't fear breaking the law. Most decent people would be terrified of street racing because they fear police or speed radars .
>>
Wouldn't call myself a legend but I drive like a fucking mad man pretty much anywhere I go. Usually when I go to work there's an exit that I take that turns you 180 and it should be a 25 but I do it at 40 and blast out at 60 nearing 80 when I exit the loop. Most people working the same shift have seen it by now. I usually also drive like a mad cunt on my way to my gf's place.
>>
>>17712351

who cares
>>
My dad used to be the top street drag racer in the county when I was a kid. He had a built up Dodge with a fully blueprinted 318 in it. The motor was such a beast that it would wreck brand new U-joints in just 2 weeks. It also destroyed 3 transmissions and 2 rear axles. It never broke while racing - it was his daily driver and that's when it would break.The fastest things he told me he ever beat was a C4 'Vette and a front-engine V8 Porsche.
>>
SF bay area here

There's a big racing scene and if you go to the right highways on a friday or saturday night you'll find lots of modded cars looking to race.
There used to be an organized group that would set up races and bet money and all that, but the cops had a massive bust one night and literally roadblocked the highway as 30+ cars came racing towards them. Shit was funny, and there were lots of good videos the next day of guys getting arrested.

I prefer heading up into the hills where no one else goes and hooning there with just one other friend in a car, or alone. Zero chance of cops and zero chance of endangering innocent people
>>
>>17711868

This looks a lot like Catalonian propaganda
>>
>>17713573
Nah he seemed kinda bummed out about something before I went up to talk to him. Till this day I don't know how he did it when he was running on some hifly tires
>>
>>17714094
How do you want people not to be endangered when cops literally roadblock the fucking highway just to arrest people that speed?

>>17714106
He was just an absolute madman. A good driver.
>>
i hear that dagumi guy from /hou/ is brdy gud
>>
>>17714116
The guys that were arrested weren't just speeding. They were organizing a dozen races a night on a public highway through the middle of the city. And they were hustling bets on all the races which is far more criminal than simply speeding. And yeah, I value public safety even though I like speeding. Thats why I don't drive like a jackass at 140+mph down the highway in town, I take that shit way out to the middle of nowhere at night, where 99% of the time you don't see a single other car on the road
>>
>>17713589
How's that boot taste?
>>
>>17712352

search him on insta, zedsly
>>
>>17710857
fast and furious
people done street race to have fun anymore, they just do it to show off or to be COOL
>>
>>17712164
not the other guy but do you ever check out the roads by fort langley? that's where my buddies and I usually skid around
>>
>>17710804
>inb4 Dagumi tail-lights maneuver
>>
>>17714116
Are mr2's really that good of a car for what they are or was it just the driver that was good? And when I told this story to few friends of mine I called the anonymous aw11 guy Mexican kamikaze because of the way he was driving and because when I talked to him he was wearing a black leather bomber jacket with a gray hoodie kek
>>
File: qt647.jpg (133KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
qt647.jpg
133KB, 900x1200px
>ctrl+f
>entire thread
>not a single mention of Giorgi Tevzadze

For shame /o/. For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo
>>
>>17714232
>And they were hustling bets on all the races which is far more criminal than simply speeding
I've never understood the point of making betting illegal.
>>
File: 1493946941386.jpg (51KB, 632x641px) Image search: [Google]
1493946941386.jpg
51KB, 632x641px
>>17714094
Sounds like you don't like fun.
>>
>>17714800
It's not the betting itself but it just happens to be a convenient way to launder money and other illegal activities.
>>
>>17714981
No, it is literally only because betting is considered sinful.
>>
>>17714981
>>17715003

The second poster is correct. Christian faggots decided betting was heretical because it implies that everything is random. It negates the notion of predestiny and that God controls everything all the time.

Ergo, it's illegal because of some nigger Quakers.
>>
>>17712749
I heard it ran a retardedly low compression ratio too, like 7:1
>>
>>17713223
ECR is a garbage track.

Having said that, everyone tangentially into cars in DFW knows Jotech just like they know Steve Kan at PRT, Terry Fair at Vorslag (muh v8 swapz), and Texas Track Works.
>>
File: abr280zx.jpg (34KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
abr280zx.jpg
34KB, 580x387px
>>17715117
found the full specs

SPECS:
Car Specs
Mid Night Racing Team 1978 280ZX
Engine Type: Nissan L28E
680hp (600whp) 216 mph (350kph+) top speed

Engine Mods: Capacity increased to 3,100cc with forged 89f pistons, ABR original rods, ABR original crankshaft, ABR original 268-degree camshafts with 12.9 mm lift, intake 46.5 mm, exhaust 38.0 mm, twin IHI RHC-6 VX55 compressors and 3P-13 turbines

Engine Management: Nissan genuine 16-bit ECU; GReddy PROFEC and REBIC III; HKS GCC

Drivetrain: Z31 300ZX Turbo 5-speed transmission 0.779 fifth gear ratio; ABR Original special LSD with 3.545 final gear ratio

Suspension: Specially modified Bilstein dampers with TRD springs

Brakes: R32 Nissan Skyline GTR calipers with TRD Supra Race rotors

Wheels: Panasport C5R 16x8 front, 16x9 rear

Tires: Bridgestone RE71 225/50R16 front, 245/45R16 rear

Exterior Mods: ABR Original body kit with front and rear fenders, front spoiler, side skirts, rear valance, rear hatch spoiler, hood

Interior Mods: Autometer tachometer; Blitz EGT; HKS water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure and boost gauge; ABR Original rollcage; Recaro SPG driver seat, Recaro LS passenger seat; Sabelt four-point harnesses; Nismo D-shape steering wheel

Mobiletronics: N/A

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nissan-fairlady-z-s130-280zx-coupe-mid-night-club-abr-hosoki-z-1978.317628/
>>
>>17713524
I've seen that car once in Palm Desert. I was riding my bike home from school and he blitzed the corner of Portola and Fred Waring going atleast 40-50.
>>
>>17715244
Idk my guess is that crazy dude probably lives in one of these towns palm desert, cathedral city, Palm Springs or desert hot springs at least I wasn't the only one to witness the guy.
>>
>>17713524
Were you heading toward Banning or toward Hemet?
>>
There's a blue bug eye integra that's best to shit that works for Domino's pizza that hoons through every delivery and constantly bangs of the rev limiter in neighborhoods and does handbrake turns. It's also fast af, turboed and what not. He smoked my e30 from a red light
>>
>>17715419
Idk the name of the place but most likely banning because the road that I got out from idyllwild you pass by some middle school I think
>>
>>17715440
Was it the spirit gas station? I run the road regularly and the only gas stations is the one at the mountain center at the intersection leading toward Idyllwild, the Shell, Spirit and Chevron. I kind of want to see the dude, what time did you see him at?
>>
>>17714094

post vids pls
>>
>>17715457
This was 3 years ago though my dude I saw him at a chevron. He was pretty quiet and he only spoke when you ask him something but no conversation unless you're a popo trying to bust someone for something that happened years ago kek. Why do you want to see him anyways?
>>
>>17715768
Because 98% of the time I go up there's no one to fuck around with, last action I got was an evo doing some runs on the Hemet side.

Just want to have some fun
>>
>>17715772
It was around 5 pm winter season when I saw all of that
>>
>>17708642
>Do street racing legends really exist?
I'm am the legend in my area
>>
>>17708677
maybe you're the legend
>>
File: Scotty-Kilmer-Mechanic.jpg (292KB, 1040x555px) Image search: [Google]
Scotty-Kilmer-Mechanic.jpg
292KB, 1040x555px
>>17708642
some still say that this madman still revs his engine every night
>>
Not in my area, only FWD boiracers with no skill. I am going to become the legend of this place, show this nolifers some doriftos.
>>
>>17712343
funny in my town people have been talking about a red 944 that drives like a mad aman on the twisties, been trying to hunt him down since...
>>
there's a guy in my area that races on the old abandoned speedway in my area. he tries to drift in the middle of the fucker so he doesn't hit anything.
>>
>>17716416
i said in my area twice
either or the eternal beginner been doin that for 10 years
>>
No, not in my area anyway. Just FWD stance civics, mustangs and lifted trucks.

>tfw i touge alone ;(
>>
File: Motor.02..jpg (139KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Motor.02..jpg
139KB, 512x384px
>>17712680
>BODY AND SUSPENSION IS STOCK!
not at all
even in the scrap yard its shown to be a space frame with fully custom suspension
.eg fabricated control arms .etc
>>
>>17710947

>double backdoor setup

There's a joke in there somewhere.
>>
>>17710947
TT LS Mercedes ?
>>
>>17712680
>its still single over head cam

Why they didn't show it with the old school OS Giken twin cam head is beyond me. it really would have been a monster then.

Then again it did cost 40k back in the day, even the new ones OS Giken released cost 50k for the head and gear on gear timing setup.
>>
Bumpo
>>
>tfw I drive my shitty riced miata down a country road far faster than I should between like 10:00 & 12:00 at night
>never drift because i don't trust myself yet on a public road not to kill myself
>do this every weekend or so
>sitting down at a restaurant at then end of the road I race down
>overhear some country faggots talking about cars
>they see mine in the parking lot
>hear one of them say that he's heard of it ripping down the road late at night
>another guy said he got overtaken by a miata like that and tried to keep up with him in his powerstroke, lost him around a couple turns
>tfw people were talking about me in my shitbox
>>
>>17712430
delet
>>
someone managed to keep up with me on the downhill on my way to work once. Didn't see who he was or what he was driving but that cunt was hauling ass. In my defence, my tires were cold and it was wet. Still king of the up hill at least.
>>
>>17714766
this guy was an absolute madman, shame he died
>>
File: file.png (149KB, 327x237px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
149KB, 327x237px
>be me
>fall for the Miata meme
>install the obligatory googly eyes and winking eyes mods for additional horsepower
>take the meme-ata for a spin to hit the local mountain pass
>just driving like I normally do, try to do a few hektik skiddz here and there
>suddenly I hear faint guitars playing
>shortly after I see headlights come into view in my rear view
>car is rapidly closing in
>it's a shitbox Camry, third gen
>I also notice an AKINA SPEED STARS sticker on the front window, passenger's side
>whatever, turn is coming up, gotta pay attention
>slam the brakes to take my turn
>eurobeat gets louder
>Camry flies by
>NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO
>it pulls off a fucking sick power slide for an FWD shitbox
>NO ONE QUIT THE RADIO
>mfw

Holy toledo, I never seen a shitbox get that hektik in my life.
>>
>>17719904
Awesome
>>
>live in Houston
>biggest street racing scene in the USA
>every year cars with 1000-2000hp arrive and spend the nights street racing
Too many legends to mention. We have no 'twisties' so we just have fun with power.
>>
File: IMG_4584.png (233KB, 233x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4584.png
233KB, 233x465px
>>17719904
I want to meet the camry driver, he seems like a pretty ok guy
>>
>>17713589
>projecting this hard
>scared of police
>has no idea how easy it is to speed if you know the area
Awwww, poor little baby.
>>
File: takumi.jpg (46KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
takumi.jpg
46KB, 350x262px
Once raced a, heavily modded mustang(was like an 2010ish model) downhill on my base miata,

He Caught up to me on the straights but when dem twisties kicked in he fell behind. He made a great effort though and really pushed his car, as did I

MFW during race
>>
File: Rustled.jpg (69KB, 682x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rustled.jpg
69KB, 682x720px
>>17714766
Local legends anon.
>>
>>17708642
Got a horribly fast 1250hp golf 2 in my area, Boba Motoring on youtube.

It's incredibly scary, doesn't help that the fat guy driving it is a maniac. Driving on comfy, wide backroads at night, 70km/h, and suddenly a golf 2 screeches past you with 300 and deafening turbo noise
>>
File: file.png (348KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
348KB, 480x360px
>>17720640
He and Shingo should form an FWD team, to demonstrate the superiority of FWD. Actually, wasn't there a guy who drove a Camry in Initial D, that old guy from the gas station?
>>
>>17710947
>welded the radiator to the bumper
what
>>
>>17720926
Yeah, except Yuichi (the gas station manager) was like Itsuki. Never fast. Although, would've been fun to see a Fast-Wheel-Drive team.
>>
>>17720625
>We have no 'twisties'
>just came back from doing twisties

Feels good no one knows about them.
>>
>>17721483
It's welded to a mount that's bolted to the frame
>>
>>17721777
That mount is a chopped up bumper
>>
>>17721782
Right, but the radiator isn't welded to the bumper itself. It can still be removed.
>>
>>17721819
Oh I see it now
That makes a little more sense
>>
>>17708642
there's over 150 cars that gather each week once for a meet and once for a street race.
To be a legend here you actually have to be good.
>>
>>17721846
Not necessarily, if you crash enough then you can still make a name for yourself albeit not the one you may want.
>>
>>17714744
MR2's handle well. zzw30's have potential to pull harder g's than driver is able to.
But then again a ford puma will destory a gtr
>>
Dad use to tell me there was a gutted and modified civic that use to lay beat downs corvettes at the drags and on the highway. The dude driving it crashed it one day and never heard much about street racing in town.
>>
>>17710804
Same, there's a supposed haunted road going through a narrow railway underpass where two corvettes were racing back in the 70's

Something about there being phantom headlights popping up at night going through it
>>
>>17721617
There was the Todo school which only used Hondas, one Integra and two EK civics. Including Shingo, those were the only FWD cars in Initial D.
>>
>there's some autist who has a built toyota drift truck
>I know he posts here because he made a thread about it last year
>local cops still don't know who he is
>skids still show up around here
>>
>>17708642
My area is completely devoid of street racing culture beyond some dumbass drunks burning rubber every few weeks.

I'm actually really tempted to get a few friends together and see if we can start something, but iirc street racing is punished pretty harshly these days in Australia so it may not be worth it.
>>
File: avoidthewombats.png (95KB, 376x683px) Image search: [Google]
avoidthewombats.png
95KB, 376x683px
>>17722757
what state do you live in, down in nsw the only fun road i can find is by mossvale through the mountains and always has traffic
>>
>>17722834
Not the other guy but I live down in Vic and it's fucking chockers full of good roads. Yarra Valley, the Dandenong ranges, Great Ocean Road, Gippsland areas all have amazing roads.

Fuck me, that is also the most Australian map I've ever seen short of also having Nar Nar Goon and Wagga Wagga on it too.
>>
>>17718426
>never drift because i don't trust myself yet on a public road not to kill myself
respect for being smart
>>
I'm convinced that there's a street-racing club in my town. Almost every Saturday I can hear squealing from midnight up until I go to bed, and on my drive to work on Monday the curvier parts of the main street are covered (and I mean covered) in skid marks. It has to be from multiple cars, because some of the widths are different.

I've always been curious to go and check it out, but it's usually pretty late so I just don't bother
>>
Poopoo
>>
>>17710857

We do. They ride motorcycles.

Honestly, in spain is waaay easier to enjoy, race, be fast and everything related with automotive world in a motorcycle than in a car.

Plus we have ten times the culture, specially in the eastern regions. Look at motogp and then look inti any other automotive category, where do spaniards have the most success?
>>
>>17722834
dead horse gap is pretty fun to hit at speed if you've got the balls for it.
>>
File: 1501216914016.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501216914016.png
2MB, 1366x768px
I once saw a paisa in a shitbox camry passing subarus and miatas at a little mountain road that people like to touge. never in my life have i seen such reckless speed, and control. the dude was gone when we finally got to the bottom
>>
>>17710804
This is one of those bullshit stories that I'm going to secretly believe anyways because I want too.
>>
there's a guy in a Miata who races everyone on the main road into the resort town. he's never lost and never been caught by the police.
>>
>>17720656
hes fucking insane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJVDvPSbHI
>>
>>17708642
in my small town there are always retards with fart shitboxes who race in the highway near the town, the sound is so loud that i always call the cops and they come to make them stop, feels good to ruin their fun, but i do it because i have to get up early and sleep well.
>>
Tons of guys that have been featured on 1320video, and Larry Larson's shop is 30mins away.

Theres also some guy in my neighborhood that has a stanced honda odyssey with HRE's and a roof rack. And ive heard rumors about some local milionaire owning a lamborghini veneno.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.