[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pontiac fiero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 100_8925_zps018426cc.jpg (174KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
100_8925_zps018426cc.jpg
174KB, 900x675px
>>be me 23yo kissless virgin, and know nothing under the hood.
(READ PAST THIS ITS TL) so i was at work when a couple came in we talking about cars, i love cars and driving. so i told them so, the guy says he just got his mustang 5.0 today, and that he is going to a meet up *get happy* his wife or gf tells me that is @ *************** so i burn that shit in to my brain (and its like 3 blocks from were i work) so i go thew my day/night ready to head out to the spot. then finnly its 11 closeing time count down as fast i can and when im in my car i head to the spot. and be that wierd guy that just hangs out a little bit on the outside of groups and talks a little and shit. ANYWAY so i watch these ricers and turners race a little bit and im happy as fuck, i want to run so bad but my car atm sucks (READ --->) so after the races end and ppl head out i go home and start looking on cregslist for a goodish car (manual) thats under about 15,000 (wokr just about min wage) and i found one of these in the north east part of my state, i love the look of this car its a mid engine v6 (idk if fwd or rwd) and i was wondering what yall think of it (sorry for long bs story)
>>
File: pic1242651318264.jpg (66KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
pic1242651318264.jpg
66KB, 600x401px
>>17705775
Learn about cars before you make a decision.

But if you don't do that, avoid the Fiero. It is honestly pretty shitty.

>overheating issues (so severe that one of my Dad's friends who bought one new had to nig rig a radiator on the roof to get it to not overheat and ruin the engine)
>not very fast
>doesn't handle very well
>looked down upon in the tuner/ricer/muscle/car world
>hard to find in good condition
>inferior in every way to the AW11 and SW20

Honestly, if you want to get something that looks similar and is MR (mid-engined, RWD), buy an MR2. They are cheap, reliable, fast (not in a straight line unless you get a SW20 turbo, but even then, that isn't very fast). The only issue you would encounter with getting anything that is MR would be actually driving it. Mid-engined cars are much, much harder to drive fast than your traditional FF (front engine, FWD) or FR (front engine, RWD) car. The SW20, at least the versions before the 1993 suspension rework, were notorious for a thing called "snap oversteer". Personally, it has never happened to me in my '91 SW20 turbo, which I autocross and track occasionally, but then again, it was my first car.

Honestly, a good first *real* car would be a pre-2006 MX-5, otherwise known as a Miata.
>easy to work on
>reliable
>handles incredibly well
>massive aftermarket
>common
>cheap
>every issue you could possibly have has already been solved

If you don't like the Miata for whatever reason, there's several more cars you can consider.
>Mustang (SN95 to S197)
>Corvette C5 (If your budget is truly <$15,000)
>240SX (S13 or S14, look for one that hasn't been beat to fuck, but good luck lol, as most already have been drifted)
>350Z (If you want something modern that looks ok and can do everything in a similar fashion)
>WRX / WRX STI (dudebro stigma, but decent platform, symmetrical AWD, plenty of power, very common and well documented)
>>
>>17705843
*Meant to say the *main* problem you would encounter with anything that is MR would be actually driving it.
>>
>>17705843
iv thought about getting a 2008 WRX "hatchback" im wanting to get a car that i can get my foot in the door with and can have a ok amount of time.and i want someing that i get mt fix with (i got a need of speed like i LOVE driving and love going fast when i can)
>>
>>17705775
i have just found one that looks like its in good running condition. also i would like one thats somewhat made in the usa (or was made)
>>
>>17705859
I hate to break it to you, but in general, American auto makers usually make total dog shit.

The Fiero is a prime example.
>>
>>17705877
welll shit ok, it just caught my eye and it looks cool (for me)
>>
>>17705877
what if you did a engine swap, ya it wont fix much but you could go faster
>>
>>17705897
Not worth it. It isn't even that good of a platform either.

Sure, it has a space frame, but that can only go so far. It's probably the only redeeming feature about that car, other than the looks (which aren't very redeeming imo).

You don't seem to realize how difficult it is to do an engine swap, especially with a mid-engined car. If you don't do it yourself, it would cost in excess of $6,000.

You really need to learn about cars before you consider doing shit like this. You could financially ruin yourself just to look cool and go fast. Like, if you don't even realize it's RWD, then you really need to spend a good half year learning about cars.
>>
>>17705775
Use that money to go back to fucking school and learn how to speak properly.

Jesus Christ I had a brain aneurysm reading that.
>>
Learn to fucking spell. Anyway, the Fiero is a great first cool car to learn I think. Just make sure it's an 88 V6 manual. Parts are cheap as hell because it's a parts bin car, and they're easy to drive even though they're mid engined. Everybody acts like you're gonna be tearing up race tracks but you're a novice. If you just wanna have a little fun a fiero is a good little car. No they don't catch fire, no they don't overheat. Between me and my friends we've owned 4 and honestly I wish I had my fiero back all the time.
>>
>>17705908
>Fiero engine swaps.
You're right that they're not an amazing platform, but you can often find them pre swapped for cheap. Try searching 3800 fiero or Northstar Fiero and see if anything neat pops up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.