[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security indicator light?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 39193604001_large.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
39193604001_large.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
I just bought a used 2006 Mazda 3 and when the engine is turned off the "security indicator" light keeps flashing, is this normal? I have never owned a car with any kind of integrated security system before.
The manual makes it sound like the light is supposed to turn off after a few seconds.
>>
>>17705008
The light is mislabels, is actually INsecurity indicator, the car is telling you it knows you're in the closet.
>>
I'm quite sure that's normal, dig a little deeper but my old Acura Legend had the same "issue"
>>
Red blinking light? I've got a 2005 Mazda3. Does the same shit, doesn't fucking mean anything. Calm down.
>>
>>17705008
The blinking light just means that the NSA is recording you. Nothing to worry about.
>>
Almost all cars since the 90s have had this. It's to show you, and hopefully warn criminals, that your anti theft system is active.
>>
>>17705008
It's just a security alarm thingamabob. My old Corolla has it. Don't worry about it.
>>
File: Mazda_3.jpg (184KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda_3.jpg
184KB, 1024x576px
>>17705008
Would you suggest getting this car off craigslist
>2004 Mazda 3 (2.3L)
>Manual
>Canary Yellow
>Needs rear CV joint
>And rear caliper
>Check engine light is on and another inspection is due in October
>Wants $1250

Its this or choosing between late 90's civics in the 1500$ range. Or a 2006 Civic for 2200$

And is it me or just that All Mazda's are rusted to all hell?
>>
>>17705302
Its also got bits of rust on the hood and the other side. Basically all over
Also its 175k miles
>>
>>17705302
Rust = yes.
The latest gen of 3 seem to hold up since Mazda said they fixed it, but the generations before that... yeah. Shop from the bottom up.
>>
>>17705312
Even other Mazda's like the 6 or protege all have a huge rust problem. Seen some where there is basically no fender left.
But in your opinion which would you choose from my original question
>Rusty Mazda 3 with problems
>06 Civic that may have problems (Muh honda, muh reliability) and cost more
>Honda's from 1997 that people are trying to sell for 2000$, with 226k miles
>>
>>17705357
>2006 Civic... for $2200?
That actually sounds cheap for a Civic? Pull a Carfax for accidents, and if it's clean, I'd go for that.
>>
Your car is securing you from intruders, gotta be careful.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.