[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would /o/ prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
What would be more fun:
An E36 M3
A Miata with turbo and proper suspension mods
A 5.0 foxbody Mustang

All are about the same price on CL ($5-8k) and I need a new hoonmobile to fuck around with and tear up the local backroads.

Are there any other worthwhile RWD, good-handling cars in that price range that I'm missing?
>>
Of those for a hoonmobile? The Miata, especially if you've got a drop top. Bitches love miatas. Bitches love convertibles.
>>
File: DSC00441.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00441.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Lets look at the pros and cons
BMW
>Pros: Good quality all around, with a good balance of power, torque and handling, practical with space for the family
>Cons expensive to fix and a little heavy

Mustang
>Pros: High torque, room for people and things, good straight line performance and with some suspension mods, good handling too. cheaper to fix and parts are available.
>Cons not the best quality, gas mileage

Miata
>Pros lightweight, good handling and if its turbos i suppose it has good power as well as long as you rev it up.
>Cons only a two seat, and convertibles can leak

That is my 2 cents worth.
>>
>>17702670
Not OP but how would a Celica GT-S compare?
>>
>>17702661
True. Although I'd probably only get a miats with a hardtop, because I really like the way they look verses the soft-top.
>>
>>17702627
The miata is always the answer. However for 7k you could get a 240sx which wouldn't carry the whole legay meme. A turbo miata will pull busses on a stock 240 tho, and a stock 240 is all you're getting for 7k
>>
>>17702684
>fwd
Absolutely not
>>
File: 00404_fEjogf5aiet_600x450.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00404_fEjogf5aiet_600x450.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>17702688
Yeah, I'm already leaning towards a miata. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1995-mazda-miata-blk/6257558337.html
This one is a bit on the pricey side, but I could probably haggle down at least $1k and I like the idea of the supercharger and low miles

>>17702670
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. This is exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>17702627
G35/350Z
RX-8 if you have the discipline to maintain it
>>
>>17702720
Fug that's the cleanest miata I've ever seen modded.
One thing to keep in mind:
It looks like the guy knew what he was doing so that's not a big deal, however if you want more hp, which lets be hoenst, everyone does, you'll have to go turbo most likely. Now it's possible you could mid the pulley and get some more boost and with some rx8 injectors and mega squirt tune you may push like 210hp. Which is more than enough I suppose but I'm aiming for 250 on mine, it's a great balance of speed and reliability
That supercharged car will be exceedingly reliable tho, it's on low boost and the b6ze the miata has is built for boost, they just didn't put it on on miatas, the Mazda protege got the turbo.

Id offer him 6500 and see what happens. wouldn't buy it for more than 7200 tho.
>>
>fun
Miata. Always Miata.
>>
File: 00N0N_2HVMmsvJ707_600x450.jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00N0N_2HVMmsvJ707_600x450.jpg
30KB, 600x337px
>>17702790
I might go look at that black one, it's really close to where I live.

There's this one also, and it's turbo, but not as clean and has a stripped interior/full cage. Idk, i honestly wouldn't mind the rougher appearance of this red one as long as it drives good and is reliable. Also, the wider tires and flares look pretty good imo
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1990-mazda-miata-track-car/6254882674.html
>>
>>17702722
>le rotary
>le v6
1/10
>>
E36 M3 is the only one Id even consider easily the best car of the 3

Foxbody is complete shit and the Miata would be worth it with a turbo and shit I guess but its a Miata and who wants to be seen in one

>>17702722
this guy presents some good choices especially the 350Z
>>
>>17702849
Flares on miatas are pretty. That car would be a cool second car I guess but the black one is so clean. Would depend on how far you can talk them down I guess. I personally wouldn't mind driving a stripped race car to work everyday but that's because I'm a 19 year old faggot with way too much testosterone. Up to you nig and you you're looking for
>>
For hooning I'd go Miata. I've had both a Miata and a Mustang the Mustang handles like an old garbage truck. All it has is straight-line power. A turbo Miata should be pretty quick.

For a DD I'd say E36 M3, since it has both handling and power and it's classy as fuck.
>>
File: 00404_6ZyJun1sVwV_600x450.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00404_6ZyJun1sVwV_600x450.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1991-brg-limited-edition/6252947464.html

This one maybe?
>>
File: porsche-boxster-986-32[1].jpg (464KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-boxster-986-32[1].jpg
464KB, 1024x689px
>>17702627
>Are there any other worthwhile RWD, good-handling cars in that price range that I'm missing?
>>
e36 m3 sounds amazing, looks timeless, has a nice interior, is a great hoonmobile and a good highway tourer. it's the best of all worlds.
>>
Miata all the way.

There are lots of great deals if you are willing to wait around a while for the right car. Get the lowest mileage original NA you can find in good condition. If you don't mind taking a journey, look north of the Bay Area as it looks to me like prices are a little lower for a good clean NA.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/low-mileage-1991-miata/6258688334.html

Throw away those garbage rims, and replace with stock ones and you've got a great little car for very little cash. Need for speed? 2K DIY turbo kit and learn to solder for a build it yourself megasquirt EMS and you have 160+ WHP in a car that weighs just over 2000 lbs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.