[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mustang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Stang.jpg (79KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Stang.jpg
79KB, 540x960px
I bought a 1967 mustang and received a Florida title from 1977 and on the back it says seller completes form 1 then it says "form no.1 transfer of title" under that are lines which are almost all signed out but one which reads "for value received the motor vehicle described on the face of this certificate is hereby sold and delivered to, (print or type name of dealer or individual purchaser)" the line after that is signed by the original persons name and notary public, which doesn't match up to the title??
>>
>>17701655
Congrats

Now go talk to your DMV
>>
You can probably make more by parting it than by fixing it up anyhow.
>>
>>17701655
You'll probably have to "wash" the title through one of those states like New Hampshire that don't issue titles on older vehicles and instead only use a Bill of Sale to document the transaction. You then take that BoS to your DMV. It's a pain in the ass but less than trying to fix a botched title.
>>
What state are you in (hopefully not CA unless you got a fat wallet)?
>>
Now you know to make sure you see the fucking title FIRST and to make sure the person selling it to you obtains a clear title in his name then signs that to you when money changes hands.

This is pretty common. Lesson learned.

See Mustang forums and ask about how to get title. If you have a buddy with a used car lot or towing business they might be able to get a title via magistrate sale. They'll tell ya how that works.
>>
OP is the interior really nice? That car might be hot.
>>
>>17704273
Not op but interior looks decent if you let your eyes adjust.
>>
>>17704273
If the title matches the VIN it ain't hot, but not transferring title completely and getting it in the DMV computer system so you can get duplicates is THE most common white trash/nigger mistake in vehicle sales.

Always get a hard copy of your new title in your fucking hand at DMV instead of waiting because some DMV drop old titles from their systems. If you have clear title it can be restored. If not, you are fucked.

All /o/anons should learn precisely how titles work lest ye suffer horribly in future. What you think or I think or some nigger thinks does not matter. The law matters. Know it and be able to print your references or get them from DMV if required. Be the "nice" customer since DMV are your new god.
>>
Glad I live in Canada.

Just need the ownership signed, and you're good to go, unless it's stolen.
>>
>>17704335
That's how US titles work BUT they have options for dealers and some individuals to reassign title on the original form rather than process it each time. Reduces the burden on all concerned until idiots do it wrong.
>>
>>17704665
Some states demand an anual non op fee to stay in the system.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.