[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it looks like the new Supra is going to be using BMWs B58

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2088.jpg (167KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2088.jpg
167KB, 1000x541px
So it looks like the new Supra is going to be using BMWs B58 engine (an extension of the N54/N55 already being used in a million models) AND their ZF 8 speed transmission. So just like every other fucking BMW using this power train, you can expect between 330-370 hp/torque at the wheels depending on how you tune it (can probably come close to 500 fairly easily)

Anyways, is anyone else pissed? It's not a new car in any way, shape, or form. It's literally a 135i, m235i, m240i, 335i, etc.... in just a different shell

Man fuck the supra
>>
>>17700915
I may buy one if it comes with a manual option. Personally I love BMW drivetrains I've owned 2 e92's and they were great
>>
>>17700927
The l6 engines are ZF8HP automatic only, sorry.
>>
>>17700930
But the z4 that is Bmw's car from all this will be coming in manual. I wouldn't give up yet
>>
>>17700943
As I said

>6 cylinders engines comes only automatic gearbox
>4 cylinders engines comes both with automatic and manual gearboxes

The Supra is 6 cylinders only, so...
>>
>>17700927
>I've owned 2 e92's
Then why bother with the Supra?
>>
>>17700953
Supra is confirmed to be coming with 2 4 pots and a 6
>>
i actually like that the new supra is an affordable sports car and not a gtr-chasing $100k hypebeast

The 92 supra was cheaper than a corvette
>>
original supra was a pigfat cruiser anyway, the fast ones have had thousands put into them.

the 6 cyl auto should come with a DCT if its the same as the current Z4 30i/35is.

the ZF8HP is actually pretty good, ive driven it with the 4 cylinder in my Z4 and the 6 cylinder in the M135i, its not the vauge, senile autotragic gearbox of old. Also BMW's new manual gearboxes are a bit shit, probably because most of their customer base buy the auto.
>>
also doesnt this mean that BMW are supplying:

>engine
>drivetrain
>bodywork (for the Z5)

and toyota are supplying a supra bodykit for it? lazy nips.
>>
>>17701092
BMW is moving away from DCTs, in favor of the ZF 8HP.
>>
>>17701109
in that case then it's a M235i with a bodykit. I've driven an m135i so imo it's going to be a good car and the supra purists are going to fucking hate it.

get one early on finance and sell it back to BMW when the warranty runs out, as is standard for all new BMWs.
>>
>>17700915
You have brain problems if you were hyped for the "new supra".
>>
>>17700960
Because a semi truck and a cucksover killed my e92's
Ironically I then bought the least safe car I can think of, a na miata
>>
>>17701174
>not importing a suzuki cappuccino
smdh not even trying
>>
>>17703239
Nigga id love to but I live in Kentucky and importing a car when you don't live in California would be quite risky
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.