[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me diagnose my car anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5871.jpg (43KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5871.jpg
43KB, 960x539px
>2001 mustang V6 Automatic
>yes I'm the guy who says fight me faggot each time I talk about it

>between 30-40 mph the rear axle feels like it's rocking forward and backward in and out kind of feeling
>don't know if it's actually the axle creating that feeling just that's the best way I can explain it
>before you say "anon transmissions fucked know this:
>it shifts fine through every gear
>the transmission fluid is the correct color and looks good
>the car has only 30k miles on it
>I also did a burnout in the parkinglot and this issue started after that
>right rear tire 40% tread left after burnout
>left rear 80% left (it isn't a limited slip)
>this issue only happens between 30-40 mph and anything under 1700 RPM's
>anything higher than 1700 and it doesn't do the jittering thing in the axle

What could it be /o/?
I'm thinking tires are unbalanced but I could be wrong and anyone else I talk to has no clue either.
>>
Crush it and get a 3k Civic
>>
probably driveshaft. I recommend burning it and getting a 3k civic
>>
>>17699175

upper diff bushings
>>
>>17699175
Scrap it and get a 3k Civic
>>
Go to an alignment shop that doesn't suck. Buy a service manual and help yourself instead of asking to be spoon fed on here like the little BITCH that you are.

Literally hundreds have asked the same question before on so many different forums there are already tons of answers to your question, all you have to do is learn how to use a search engine.
>>
>>17699561
OP here: I have and there has been no definitive answer it's always "well it could be the differential but this also sounds like a tire balance issue.. but it could also be etc..."
that's why I came here to get a definitive answer
>>
>>17699670
That's why you start eliminating the possible answers

It's called troubleshooting anon, and it kind of requires having the object of troubleshooting in front of you to do so. So if there are multiple answers, you'll have to find out for yourself.
>>
Scrap it and get Ecoboost
>>
File: 1468805926048.jpg (255KB, 600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1468805926048.jpg
255KB, 600x1300px
>>17699175
is it gear dependent (use the shifter and hold a gear) and see if its still there 30-40mph and at high revs.

if its still there, do a tire rotation to eliminate (or at least reduce) the chance of it being tires.

if neither of those work, start looking into either driveline or suspension work.

pic unrelated
>>
>>17699715
At least post what the fuck is up with that tire than
>>
>>17699670
No no no. I said an alignment shop that doesn't suck dick. Even the shortest place could throw your wheels on a machine and eliminate that as well as making sure none of your hubs or axle shafts are bent.
>>
>>17699175
get 7 series for 2.5k
>>
>>17699715
It's not there at high revs
>>
>>17699728
Some poor soul drove their digger over what appears to be a stubbed up sewer cleanout or drain vent of some kind, and it punched straight through it. It was even marked with cones, although I'm pretty sure it should have been capped. Homie's going to lose his job. Those tires can be like $20k.
>>
Reminder that OP has no damn idea how to describe what is wrong with a car, it going in and out of overdrive around town was what he described as the trans slipping.
>>
>>17701179
How do I fix that? Without turning off overdrive I mean?
>>
>>17701714
LOOOOL

>v6 owners BTFO
>>
>>17699175
rotate your tires and get a lsd if you wanna do burnouts. or if you're lazy just do another burnout in reverse
>>
>>17701805
>another burnout in reverse
Kek, the differential will still give power to the wheel with least traction
>>
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.