[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2008 Yamaha YZF R1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1636.jpg (117KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
117KB, 1000x667px
So I'm looking to buy another motorcycle and I saw this post on Craigslist for a Yamaha R1 2008. The ad seems too good to be true. I sent her a text and she sent me an email back:

Hello,

My name is Jane doe, and I'm emailing you about 2008 Yamaha YZF R1 with an gasoline engine, manual transmission and only 33,750k miles. Never had or need any paint/body work done, garaged keep always, without any mechanical problems, tires and wheels are in great shape as well, electric is working perfectly. The Engine Size (cc): 1,000, runs very good and the manual transmission shifts perfectly. Has a clean and clear US title in my name and there are no liens or loans on it. This bike was used by my husband who died 4 month ago. The price was reduced at $1.500 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell it before the 20 of the next month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store it. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year. If you interested i can send you more pics.

Thanks,
Jane Doe

Does this seem like a scam or something fake?
>>
>>17698706

Ask for some more pics. Ask for pics of specific parts or areas. Like the VIN. Go check it out, bring someone with you as a second set of eyes and as a little backup.

The English is pretty good (solid sign) and if she actually does have a clean and clear title, you might have just lucked out.

Good luck mate, hopefully it's legit.
>>
It's a scam.
>>
>>17698706
Looks like a scam.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
>>
Hate to break it to you but it's a scam my dude. And if you proceed, don't buy it without seeing it first. They'll usually ask for you to wire money to them.
>>
> I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell it before the 20 of the next month, when I will be leaving on military duty

ding dong ding dong we have a winner
>>
shes lying to you, man. that bike is 999cc.
but really just go check it out; you can look up the vin right there to see if its hot.
>>
>>17698823
>They'll usually ask for you to wire money to them.

This should go without saying that you never want to wire money for a Craigslist sale. Cash, with backup so you don't get robbed. Do the trade in a public place. If they won't meet you somewhere, if they won't physically show you the bike with the VIN and the title, walk.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.