[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a total newfag going into Initial D for the first time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: initial d.gif (661KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
initial d.gif
661KB, 352x264px
I was a total newfag going into Initial D for the first time, and I assumed the reason for their drifting was to use the momentum of the car to have optimum speed and direction at the exit, and also for defensive driving to maneuver your opponent around. Now that it's been a while and I've learned more about cars and driving, I've come to realize that most drifting it just showy bullshit with no purpose. However, it still seems to me that it is valid to assume a skilled driver on a hairpin or otherwise very tight turn could use inertia drift to come out of a corner at a faster speed and better angle than would be possible with the cars wheels at full traction. Is this true?
>>
Pretty much. Such is why RWD is a meme, FWD is fine for a sports car.
>>
>>17694692
Just watch some rally vids famalamadingdong
>>
>>17694724
Rally/Paved touge racing
Obviously rally is a good example of this, but the difference in track material means it's not indicative. You can't really call it proper drifting, just the car going out of control in a controlled way.
>>
cars in touge racing with street tuning, to be able to go at full speed and achieve the best time sometimes you will have to be kind of drifting (4wheeldrift) initial d makes it more flashy but in their universe it makes sense what they are doing.
>>
>>17695109
Cool, that's what I thought. I always thought it made sense like that, and the drivers who do just drift because it's cool are shit anyway. The Akina Speed Stars are fucking shitty drivers, Keisuke does it for kicks, and Takumi is just a god at racing who can control the traction at anime degrees sideways.
>>
>>17695121
to put it into people terms, when you do any kind of sport, or for example running, and you need to turn quickly, you lean into it. This helps you stop/turn faster than just standing straight up.

Drifting is the same concept, if you have controlled oversteer A.K.A. controlled loss of traction, or 'leaning' into the corner, you can theoretically come out with a higher speed than if you did a normal grip corner.
>>
drifting is only really beneficial for trying to get through tight corners quickly or scrub speed, most times its just for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILwowd1Ucg vids related for examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgLwGzRYto
>>
>>17695109
in the best motoring videos you can see how they tune their cars for oversteer (lol) like the dk ae86 but in their touges they are fast as fuck
>>
>>17695143
Of course, that's the feel I got watching Initial D for the first time. Which is why I was disappointed to see so many people just do it because it looks cool.
>>
File: takumilemans.jpg (54KB, 745x361px) Image search: [Google]
takumilemans.jpg
54KB, 745x361px
initial d is 10/10 some people just dont notice.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.